Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 09-03-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Speaking of posting pictures of girls without their consent:

I really hate this thread.

I haven't read the whole thing, but 23 year old sleeps with barely 18 yo friend of his cousin and plasters pictures of her and her friends all over bbv4life.

I really really really don't like this. And I don't think these are pictures that she knowingly made available on the internet. Is this okay? and if so, why?

Edit: Yeah, I got to the "turns out she's bi" and thought, "no chance this is happening"...and skipped to the end. Bleh. People are bizarre.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Speaking of posting pictures of girls without their consent:

VR,

Pretty sure the long and short of that thread is that the OP is FOS and those are just random pictures he found online.

Either way, I think it falls under "distasteful, but fine".
Old 09-03-2007, 08:23 PM

I haven't read the whole thread, but the gist is that the girl is 18 and her pics are being posted without her consent. Unless someone starts posting personal information of hers like facebook info or home addresses or wtv, or the op wants me to take it down, I generally leave these kind of things up.

If the reds want to make a blanket rule policy on this kind of stuff then fine, but otherwise, from a general skim of the thread, I see no reason to take it down as of yet.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:36 PM

I thought that posting pics that the original subject has made available online was considered the boundary between ok/not ok. As in, pictures that are NOT otherwise available online are not okay without the consent of the subjects.

Is that not true anymore?
Old 09-03-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought that posting pics that the original subject has made available online was considered the boundary between ok/not ok. As in, pictures that are NOT otherwise available online are not okay without the consent of the subjects.

Is that not true anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]
The latest word we have is here where Mat basically said we can delete it if we feel like it, but its not policy to delete it. But the outcome of that thread is that the 2+2 attorney is taking a look at the issue.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure the long and short of that thread is that the OP is FOS and those are just random pictures he found online.

[/ QUOTE ]
So Dids, your personal opinion is the pictures are stolen and the post is libel, but you think that's fine [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So Dids, your personal opinion is the pictures are stolen and the post is libel, but you think that's fine [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Posting pictures from someone's photobucket account or webpage that they are freely distributing on the web hardly classifies as "stolen"..
Old 09-04-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pictures that somebody posts in a publically available photobucket account can't be considered "stolen".

Making up a story on the internet is pushing the definition of libel.

Asking us as mods to try and prevent either action requires us to verify the source of the images and the veracity of the story.

I think pretty much the rule of thumb should be to not mess with anything until people start asking them to take them down.

I think the one thing that we can do to try and eliminate more questionable situations like this is attempt to stop the "PICS OR BAN" attitude. When somebody is simply unable to post a thread about a girl without being badgered into posting pics, stupid stuff tends to happen.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:52 PM

And while we're on the subject:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=1

The address of the image in the OP is:

https://web.utk.edu/~rcrensha/ootphoto.jpg

If that isn't easily traceable back to OP and probably his girl, I don't know what is. I'm surprised we haven't had a trainwreck already, honestly.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And while we're on the subject:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=1

The address of the image in the OP is:

https://web.utk.edu/~rcrensha/ootphoto.jpg

If that isn't easily traceable back to OP and probably his girl, I don't know what is. I'm surprised we haven't had a trainwreck already, honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wookie is correct. I am not the type to trainwreck, but just to test it, using that url, I was able to figure out OP and OP's GFs facebooks in about a minute.