Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 04:57 AM

Default I \"ran\" a red light, cop sucks at pulling me over (mspaint + tl;dr)

So it's about 10 pm and I'm on my way to the gym. I live in the south bay in LA so I generally never worry about ever getting pulled over because, well its LA and somebody is shooting someone at some part near me so cops are usually busy.

I come up to a light, a block up from my gym. It turns yellow like a second before I cross the intersection, I would probably have to hit my brakes a little too hard to stop and there's no cars out, so I obviously go through.

It turns red about 10 feet before I get through the intersection. No big deal, there's like one other car on the streets. Here's a [censored] mspaint to help diagram:

Up one block is a stop light left turn to the street that leads to the gym parking garage. I get in the left turn lane and wait for it to turn green. A cop goes by me and crosses the intersection, then suddenly jolts over to the suicide lane.

I'm like oh [censored], he must be trying to pull me over. He's about to pull a u-turn in the middle of the block and by his reaction it's obvious he stupidly passed me, the guy who "ran" the red light, which is funny since there's only one other car on the road.

Mspainted for better understanding (also for clarity the cop did not have his lights on, but I made it look like he did so you know its a cop car):

My light turns green, and I'm like, man, I might get into the parking garage before he can turn around (he's waiting for a couple cars to pass before he can u-turn.) I get down to the garage, go in without seeing him in rear view mirror (you have to get a ticket,) and drive down the ramp to the next floor. Unfortunately, before I turn the corner I see him coming in the garage, and know my fate is sealed.

I park in a spot right around the first u-turn in the garage, awaiting my fate. The cop comes around the bend and I'm cursing my luck.. but he keeps on going! I'm like WTF, my car is right there in plain [censored] view of anyone driving in the garage.

I get out, and see him go the bottom. He sort of hits his brakes real fast, like he's confused as to where I could be, but I see my window of oppurtunity and make haste to the escalators.

I really want to emphasize how utterly impossible it is for any competent human being to somehow miss me twice in these scenarios. My car is one of the few on the road and in the garage and this cop is like 5 seconds behind me.

I get into the gym and leave my headphones off, because I'm still not sure of the rules of these encounters, and wonder if I might hear over the loudspeaker, "Can the owner of a black beast of a car come to the front desk." He's obviously going to see my car on the way back out of the garage. Can he get my license plate # and send me a present in the mail?

If not, then this is a mega brag.

Cliff notes: I barely run a red light, but a cop still comes to pull me over. He manages to miss pulling me over twice, once on the road and once in my gym parking garage. (At no point was I trying to lose him, he just must be utterly blind and dumb.) I go into the gym and never see him again. Can he take my license plate # and send me a ticket?
Old 08-23-2007, 05:06 AM

Default Re: I \"ran\" a red light, cop sucks at pulling me over (mspaint + tl;dr

I didnt even think that what you descibed is running a red light.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:09 AM

Default Re: I \"ran\" a red light, cop sucks at pulling me over (mspaint + tl;dr

ha this story makes my day.

I about to enter a roundabout when I hear sirens. Can't for the life of me figure out where they are coming from, only that they are getting very close. I slow down, then pull over as much as I can while still in the roundabout. Then see cop directly behind me. I'm stopped, plenty of room to go around me. Instead he blasts on the megaphone "get the hell out of my [censored] way!!!"

sorry for the hijack, but feel better venting and hearing a story which involves cop feeling extremely stupid.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:12 AM

Once you're out of your car the cop can't do [censored] to you.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:17 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker
Default Re: I \"ran\" a red light, cop sucks at pulling me over (mspaint + tl;dr)

there is a warrant out for your arrest for running from the cops
Old 08-23-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didnt even think that what you descibed is running a red light.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure techinically it was. It definetely wasn't anything you'd ever think twice about.. but a cop that has to meet quota by the end of the month might be a dick about it.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:38 AM

where r u making this post from? the gym? man iphones are soo cool
Old 08-23-2007, 05:46 AM

who would read that much
Old 08-23-2007, 05:52 AM

im on my way to taco bell- anyone want anything???

ok wheres the money?

yeah thats what i thought broke a$$
Old 08-23-2007, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im on my way to taco bell- anyone want anything???

ok wheres the money?

yeah thats what i thought broke a$$

[/ QUOTE ]

story of my life.