Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Good Vegas club to go to on Monday night?

I was reading somewhere that the bottle service/table was only invented 7-10 years ago. After just paying just $40 to get I cannot see how the table would be worth it ever. Since my two friends and I don't know anybody in Vegas I'm not sure what type of girls would be coming over to hang out with us unless we met them right there.

The guy who was basically advertising the bottle service said that he would have girls come over to our table. After the conversation was over my friends and I were kind of confused... we were wondering are they quasi prostitutes or something.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:23 PM

In my experience a club is only fun if you're on drugs or are meeting or with a bunch of girls already. Preferably both. You really don't want to be the dudes with a table and bottle who still can't get girls to come over. Or the table where the one dude with some $$ buys a bottle and then doles it out like a miser. Ugh.

Bottle service can be fun if you have enough ballas and chicks. But 9/10 times the people who get it just end up looking like these guys:

Old 07-11-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clubs like Pure are ALL about table service. Small dancefloor and not much else to do

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you don't get table-service when you go to Pure there is simply no reason to go? I really find this hard to believe although I admittedly have never been there.

What % of the people who go to Pure do NOT get table-service?
There have to be some people who do this and end up having a good time, right? Even people who go to the club (gasp) SOLO and are just there meeting people/ladies and drinking it up and having a good time.

Part of the table-service advantage I guess is to get away from the noise a bit and also to avoid the crowded-bar.

Loud or crowded bar, etc really doesn't bother me very much. It's part of the atmosphere I thought.
If I didn't want loud or crowded then I wouldn't be going to a club in the first place.

In fact, if I go to a club and it ISN'T crowded then that means it's kind of dead and I'll want to go somewhere else.

Note, when I get back to LV and go out to such a club it will likely not be with a group of guys.
Probably will be me and my GF wanting to go out and get drunk and have a good time.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:39 PM

The ghostbar is amusing, anyway. I'm 51, my wife about the same (still drop dead beautiful, and I'm so lucky)

We dropped by the Ghost bar on a Monday a couple of months ago - never have seen so many guys my age with girls in their 20's - VERY tough not to walk up and say something like "so nice to see a man spending time with his granddaughter"

Other than that, a nice view, overpriced drinks and mediocre service, so I'd give it a miss, I guess....

MM MD
Old 07-11-2007, 05:51 PM

Micro-

I have been to Pure a couple of times, and even with a table reservation you have to fight your way to the front of the "VIP" line to get access to a host/hostess. On a crowded night at peak entry time, this can take 30-40 min.

The people without a table res/not on a guestlist have to wait in a line that is ridiculously long. I have heard the wait can be a couple hours.

I think if you are going out with a large enough group or people who spend a grip on drinks, then table service is something to look into.

- K
Old 07-11-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was reading somewhere that the bottle service/table was only invented 7-10 years ago. After just paying just $40 to get I cannot see how the table would be worth it ever. Since my two friends and I don't know anybody in Vegas I'm not sure what type of girls would be coming over to hang out with us unless we met them right there.

The guy who was basically advertising the bottle service said that he would have girls come over to our table. After the conversation was over my friends and I were kind of confused... we were wondering are they quasi prostitutes or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very simple: there's a ton of guys out there whose only game is to conspicuously spend a lot of money, and there equally as many chicks willing to lead on those guys for free drinks. Club owners realize this and capitalize on it.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So if you don't get table-service when you go to Pure there is simply no reason to go? I really find this hard to believe although I admittedly have never been there.

What % of the people who go to Pure do NOT get table-service?
There have to be some people who do this and end up having a good time, right? Even people who go to the club (gasp) SOLO and are just there meeting people/ladies and drinking it up and having a good time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean you can go to Pure without table service, but just realize that club tries to cater to table service and you'd have a much worse time than if you went somewhere else, at least IMO. I think a lot of people go to pure w/o tables, but the dance floor is quite small and there are a TON of tables so expect to have a meh time.

I always tend to split up from my friends when I go to clubs, so I more or less go solo. I was too drunk to remember if I have fun at Tao, but Tryst was alright and Light I remember as being fantastic. If you're not gonna get a table i recommend Light. Decent dancefloor, good music, a great hallway with candles to chill, and I found it an easier place to meet people.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:22 PM

cool.

i'm dfinitely looking for these kind of tips for going solo or as a couple and not at all interested in getting a table.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:26 PM

I went to Pure w/ friends w/o a table, and it was ok. as said above, the best thing about the table is a comfortable place to hang out, and it gets you in the door (which can be a huge pita).

I would say the club at Hard Rock is the same, but you really want one of the booths down on the dance floor. the ones upstairs are 'out of the action'.

I'm not a club guy, but if I was with 5 buddies and that was the plan, I would recommend a table.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We ask some guy at the door about the Jet club and he suggests that we get a table. So there is a 2 bottle minimum with each bottle starting at $375... wtf. But he said we could just do one bottle and we said we would. [. . .] I'm so glad we did not pay for a table/bottle service as it is a huge rip off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a big club-goer, but my impression was that (at least in NY, maybe not vegas), if you have enough people that drinking however many bottles of liquor is a reasonable thing to do in a night out, bottle service doesn't really have much of a markup over waiting to buy rounds of mixed drinks at the bar at $12 or $15 or whatever per.

Has bottle service become so standard and overpriced that this isn't the case anymore?
Closed Thread