Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Re: 50NL- JJ OOP Street By Street

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's definately possible.

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry, I deleted my post because I messed up poker stove (it wasn't including the board for some reason). If you look now I only have 40% equity against that range.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think with bad players, I tend to play big pots. I am ahead more times then not. I think you are ahead more then 2 out of 3 times here, so I push all day, if not oh well.

One question, is this a guy you see frequently? If so, I think the info you would gain from this hand would have some value, I dont mind losing a hand like this is it give me more info on someone's play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your thinking here is all wrong. Of course you are ahead more often than not here, but how often are you ahead if he calls your push? "Don't take away their rope"
Old 06-10-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are ahead more then 2 out of 3 times here, so I push all day, if not oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]Can we put together a reasonable hand range of villain where we have 66% equity?
Old 06-10-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I do see your stack sizes now, so I'd bet more like 1/2 the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]Are you going to call a push if you do this? (I'm not saying I disagree with your logic- I just don't like any option here).
Old 06-10-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think with bad players, I tend to play big pots. I am ahead more times then not. I think you are ahead more then 2 out of 3 times here, so I push all day, if not oh well.

One question, is this a guy you see frequently? If so, I think the info you would gain from this hand would have some value, I dont mind losing a hand like this is it give me more info on someone's play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your thinking here is all wrong. Of course you are ahead more often than not here, but how often are you ahead if he calls your push? "Don't take away their rope"

[/ QUOTE ]

By OP flat calling on flop (don't like it but hand is well disguised) I think a push will get a call most times. Bad players love to stack off IMO. And well, if not, it's a decent pot anyways with a so-so hand. But I definately see where your coming from, probably something I need to work on at times, but then again I would have played the hand diff from the get go, and I rarely find myself in these positions.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Don't take away their rope"

[/ QUOTE ]So what about check/calling? That seems the best way to play against the weakest part of his range. Or are we too worried about a flush draw?

The thing I don't like about leading here is that I think it works out about the same as a push: he only calls with better hands.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:30 PM

Jeff I'm interested in this hand. Can you PM results? I have to hit the sack. LOL
Old 06-10-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course you are ahead more often than not here

[/ QUOTE ]Hand range?

(This is where I have difficulty playing against poor players who call too much- I have trouble putting him on a hand).

Do you think that QQ+ are out of his range?
Old 06-10-2007, 11:42 PM

I'd rule out QQ+ because i think he would of 3bet the flop.

If it was checked to him on the turn do you think he would bet again with 55, or 77-99 and AJh+?

Board: 3c 2h 6h Tc
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 66.839% 66.84% 00.00% 1294 0.00 { JcJs }
Hand 1: 33.161% 33.16% 00.00% 642 0.00{ TT-22, AhKh, AhQh }
Old 06-11-2007, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rule out QQ+ because i think he would of 3bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]It has been my experience that a flop c/r against most players at 50NL freezes overpairs. Not necessarily that players will fold them, but they will slow down their aggression. Is my impression wrong?

If it is, what kind of player slows down with overpairs to a c/r, and what kind continues to push them? I've definitely experienced players who switch to a "get to a cheap showdown" mode once their overpair is check/raised.