Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Setting up sharkscope\'s list

How to start making a database of searched info from sharkscope? For example i found Dude1 he played stakes 5$ ROI +15% profit +...$ and so on, next dude2 etc. How to create a database in Excel or something in order to bring it up quick by alphabetical order when seeing some Dude1432 at the table to check his stats real quick.
Thanks, guys. just started HU SNGs on Fulltilt.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Setting up sharkscope\'s list

In Excel you can just write the names of the players in alphabetical order from A2-A1432.

Write the name of the 1st guy you sharkscope in A2. Write his ROI in $5s in B2, his ROI in $10s in C2 and so on.

If the 2nd player starts with a later letter in the alphabet you put him in A3 and his results in B3, C3 and so on.

If the 2nd player starts with an earlier letter, right-click on 2 (on the vertical axis) and select "insert" (there may be another word for it, but you will understand what to select). Then write his name in A2 and his stats in B2, B3 etc..

From there on I think you should be able to figure out the rest yourself.

When you meet a guy you have met before, you just scroll down until you see his name.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:06 PM

I don't normally keep them posted in excell. You can do this, and it's quick, but I prefer to scope them again, i.e. to see if there are any changes. If you keep them in excel, you won't know if there are any changes, i.e. are they on tilt, super hot, etc.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:59 AM

If you do not know about how to do this in excel then I think you really should take a excel-course b4 doing it. No offense but if you cant do this then you will probably have problems inputing info or something.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:26 PM

Tx guys. Yeah I need to learn Excel first.
Second, it IS, as said earlier, not very helpfull, since statictics and level of skills change.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you do not know about how to do this in excel then I think you really should take a excel-course b4 doing it. No offense but if you cant do this then you will probably have problems inputing info or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually pretty good with excell. I was just making the point that you would need to constantly update date it, in order for it to be effective; and I don't find this to be worth the ass pain. I'd rather just scope them again and get fresh stats. I think these updates are key, in order to accurately track how your opponents are doing.

It would be unfortunate if you were showing someone on super tilt in your excell sheet, didn't scope them again, and unbeknownst to you they had just won a bunch of SNG's and were super hot. That would be very useful info to have.

My advice, get one of the monthly shark scope memberships with 500 plus searches a day, and just scope someone anytime you plan on sitting.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:47 AM

Playing all day long I find it 150 searches per day per $20 is plenty.