Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Cash NL50 fix leaks pls

Help me to learn hand reading and correct betting,pls. Thanks:
Game #4554189224: Hold'em NL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/06/03 - 16:40:13 (UK)
Table "Sabretooth" Seat 1 is the button.
Seat 1: ParDynga ($65.10 in chips)
Seat 2: boostmybr ($114.70 in chips)
ParDynga: posts small blind $0.25
boostmybr: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to boostmybr [5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
ParDynga: raises to $1.50
boostmybr: calls $1
----- FLOP ----- [8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
boostmybr: checks
ParDynga: bets $3
boostmybr: calls $3
----- TURN ----- [8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]][5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
ParDynga: bets $10
boostmybr: calls $10
----- RIVER ----- [8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]][T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
ParDynga: bets $16
boostmybr: folds
Returned uncalled bets $16 to ParDynga
ParDynga: doesn't show hand
ParDynga collected $28 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $29 Main pot $28 Rake $1
Board [8c Th 6c 5d Tc]
Seat 1: ParDynga (small blind) collected $28
Seat 2: boostmybr (big blind) folded on the River
****HAND ENDS****
N2:
Game #4555261624: Hold'em NL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/06/03 - 18:13:30 (UK)
Table "Vanillaice" Seat 2 is the button.
Seat 1: 2timetony ($51.55 in chips)
Seat 2: boostmybr ($88.45 in chips)
boostmybr: posts small blind $0.25
2timetony: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to boostmybr [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
boostmybr: raises to $1.50
2timetony: calls $1
----- FLOP ----- [9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
2timetony: checks
boostmybr: bets $2
2timetony: raises to $5
boostmybr: calls $3
----- TURN ----- [9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]][K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
2timetony: bets $8
boostmybr: calls $8
----- RIVER ----- [9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]][3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
2timetony: bets $37.05 and is all-in
Returned uncalled bets $37.05 to 2timetony
2timetony: doesn't show hand
2timetony collected $28 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $29 Main pot $28 Rake $1
Board [9c Th 6d Kd 3h]
Seat 1: 2timetony (big blind) collected $28
Seat 2: boostmybr (small blind) folded on the River
****HAND ENDS****
N3:
Game #4555261444: Hold'em NL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/06/03 - 18:12:05 (UK)
Table "Vanillaice" Seat 2 is the button.
Seat 1: 2timetony ($40.55 in chips)
Seat 2: boostmybr ($100.50 in chips)
boostmybr: posts small blind $0.25
2timetony: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to boostmybr [6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
boostmybr: raises to $1.50
2timetony: raises to $6.50
boostmybr: calls $5
----- FLOP ----- [9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
boostmybr: bets $6
2timetony: calls $6
----- TURN ----- [9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]][A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
----- RIVER ----- [9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]][7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
2timetony: bets $13.50
Returned uncalled bets $13.50 to 2timetony
2timetony: doesn't show hand
2timetony collected $24 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $25 Main pot $24 Rake $1
Board [9h 3c As Ad 7c]
Seat 1: 2timetony (big blind) collected $24
Seat 2: boostmybr (small blind) folded on the River
****HAND ENDS****
Old 06-03-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Cash NL50 fix leaks pls

hand 1: shove turn

hand 2: don't lead flop
Old 06-03-2007, 08:47 PM

ok, here's my $0.02... (in a nutshell, keep the pots small)

I personally like to lead a lot of pots, and lead out with smallish bets, i.e. 1/3rd to 1/2 pot bets, on non-scary boards mind you. These smallish bets take control of the betting, and help with pot control, i.e. keep the pots small. I don't like blowing up pots unless I have a big hand.

Here's my advice, hand by hand. I'm no expert mind you, but do alright HU, so take it for what it's worth, obviously different people on here will have different opinions.

Hand 1:

first off, I'm not sure what your history is with this guy. If he raises a lot, I don't mind calling here too much, but if he has been pretty tight, I'd be inclined to muck the 85 off, it's a really weak hand to be playing OOP. I'd probably muck here preflop regardless. I'd like this call much more if I was on the button. Ok, but as played...

you have 2nd pair on the flop, which is actually pretty solid HU, I lead out on this flop, 1/2 pot bet, about $1.50.

you check and he tries to take it from you, I'd call here too. Keep in mind, if you had let out, he might have folded here. I don't like slowplaying 2nd pair, too dangerous, as he'll catch up to often. I'd lead out and try to finish it on the flop.

Turn... If I had led the flop, I'd lead out again here. As played, I C/R here. You have 2 pair, and it's most likely good. Pot is $19, before your call, you have $59 left from what I can tell. I wouldn't min raise here because he's getting the odds to call. I don't like flat calling here with that board, as it's very likely he could improve to beat you, i.e. if he's chasing the straight, or if he has TP to improve to higher 2 pair. Any raise above a min raise here is liable to pot commit you, I probably just C/R shove the turn here, problem solved.

As played...

I'd fold the river here as you did. If he has a T, he beats you, if he has an 8, he's probably got you kicked, and the club completed any flush draws. I don't mind your fold here, but I would have played the hand massively different prior to this point.

Hand 2:

I like your PF raise.

Your flop bet isn't aweful, as you can pick it up here, but since he checked to you, you may want to just check behind here. I'd check behind. Even though there are no flush draws at the moment, the board is somewhat connected; he's not folding his straight draws here, or any pair, if he connected. You don't have a hand yet. I'd check behind, and bet if any paint that shows up on the turn.

as played, I'd call his small raise.

Turn...

He leads out betting. Sorry, I miscalculated the pot odds here before, I'd call for your flush. Keep in mind, an Ace may still not give you the best hand though if you hit.

River...

He shoves, you fold, I agree. Still, you should have folded the turn and saved yourself $8.00.

Hand 3...

I don't have anything for this one. I don't mind the line you took here. I agree with the pre-flop raise/ call. I agree with the flop 1/2 pot bet. And I agree with the check/ check fold on the river.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:50 PM

Hand 1: fold preflop

Hand 2: shove turn

Hand 3: check flop behind
Old 06-03-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2:

Turn...

He leads out betting the pot. I fold here. You don't have a hand, and you have no odds to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you missed that hero turned a flush draw and now has 12 outs to the nuts.

Hero has direct odds to call if his ace is good; if it's not, he needs to make $2 on average on the river when he hits to make money.

Folding the turn is a big mistake.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you missed that hero turned a flush draw and now has 12 outs to the nuts.

Hero has direct odds to call if his ace is good; if it's not, he needs to make $2 on average on the river when he hits to make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked at it again, I'm still not convinced it's a "big mistake" to fold here. He's 2.8 -1 against hitting with all 12 outs, and that's assuming the A is good. He's getting approximatley 2.6-1 from the pot. It's very marginal, but consider this... If he hits the flush, he's not getting any action from the villain, and if he hits the Ace and it's good, he's also not getting any action from the villain. So he's taking slightly the worst of it, not to get very little action from his winning hands. Further, if he hits his ace and it's no good, it's likely going to cost him most of his stack. I think a call here is "very marginal". It's by no means an insta-call, and I still don't mind folding this turn.

If he flopped 2 diamonds, then I'm moving hard with this hand, but with one card down, one to go, and only one over which may not be good,... well, I'm really not excited about this hand. I think it could end up being very costly.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked at it again, I'm still not convinced it's a "big mistake" to fold here. He's 2.8 -1 against hitting with all 12 outs, and that's assuming the A is good. He's getting approximatley 2.6-1 from the pot. It's very marginal, but consider this... If he hits the flush, he's not getting any action from the villain,

[/ QUOTE ]

It'll be a running flush if he hits it -- what do you mean he won't get action?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that if he hits the flush, it will shut down much of the action. I suppose it's unfair to say he won't get "any" action, it's dependent on the villain's hand, but the 3rd diamond hitting the board will shut down some of the villain's action. Maybe not completely as it's "backdoor", but still, the hero's line looks like a draw. If the diamond hit's, then the villain will be cautious, as the flush is probably the most "undisguised" hand in holdem. Given he'll get more action "backdoor" than he would if the 2 diamonds were on the flop, but I still wouldn't expect much action here though if it hits. Maybe the hero can squeeze a 1/2 or 3rd pot bet out of the villain at best.

My point about the Ace: if he hits it, he'll bet it. If the villain can't be the Ace, villain folds, if he can, he raises and the hero loses a big chunk of his stack.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that if he hits the flush, it will shut down much of the action. I suppose it's unfair to say he won't get "any" action, it's dependent on the villain's hand, but the 3rd diamond hitting the board will shut down some of the villain's action. Maybe not completely as it's "backdoor", but still, the hero's line looks like a draw. If the diamond hit's, then the villain will be cautious, as the flush is probably the most "undisguised" hand in holdem. Given he'll get more action "backdoor" than he would if the 2 diamonds were on the flop, but I still wouldn't expect much action here though if it hits. Maybe the hero can squeeze a 1/2 or 3rd pot bet out of the villain at best.

My point about the Ace: if he hits it, he'll bet it. If the villain can't be the Ace, villain folds, if he can, he raises and the hero loses a big chunk of his stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the case then hero should peel any flop and bluff any flush or ace that shows up.

Come on. This is headsup, people don't give you credit when you hit.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:02 AM

"Hand 1: fold preflop

Hand 2: shove turn

Hand 3: check flop behind"

yup.