Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: New attitude at Bellagio

I like Danette. She's always decent to me. The thing is with the Bellagio floor people, you have to be patient, but you also have to be to-the-point and short with words. Just look around the room, and think about what it would be like to coral 300 players and keep up with all the lists, tables, etc.

Boba wouldn't cut the rake at our table when we got down to six handed, b/c he had 4 seats open in other games. I thought that was BS tbh, b/c we had to break our table, and draw cards for the 4 seats. People seem to like Boba, so I'm giving him a chance, but so far he seems like he doesn't really care about players as individuals, just games in whole.

But yeah, if you give the floor a redbird, they'll do a lot for you. I was playing 5-10 NL in the corner, and I gave Dinette a redbird b/c I had my headphones on and wanted to play 15-30 or 30-60, so she came all the way over to the other side of the room, tapped me on the shoulder, and told me my lock up was ready. She's nice.

If you're reading this and playing at the B anytime soon, give Danette or someone a redbird regardless of whether or not you deal with them, because I for one want the Bellagio to be the best room in LV this summer.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Danette. She's always decent to me. The thing is with the Bellagio floor people, you have to be patient, but you also have to be to-the-point and short with words. Just look around the room, and think about what it would be like to coral 300 players and keep up with all the lists, tables, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not much of an excuse. Bigger rooms than Bell seem to be run with a lot more courtesy.

[ QUOTE ]
Boba wouldn't cut the rake at our table when we got down to six handed, b/c he had 4 seats open in other games. I thought that was BS tbh, b/c we had to break our table, and draw cards for the 4 seats. People seem to like Boba, so I'm giving him a chance, but so far he seems like he doesn't really care about players as individuals, just games in whole.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a familiar tune. That happened at my table just this past weekend, although I don't know if Boba was involved. I tried to explain to the guy that even a reduced rake was better than losing the table, but he wasn't buying it.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's not much of an excuse. Bigger rooms than Bell seem to be run with a lot more courtesy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather play in a room with the best games and options available with a slightly rude floor, then a room that doesn't have the best games/options available with a floor staff that is nice as can be. Pick and choose your battles gentlemen, the quality of the game is far more important than a staff that makes nice nice. Of course I agree that the nice nice staff would help make better games theoretically, but explain that to the V who has the nicest staff but can't get their thumbs out of their buts.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a familiar tune. That happened at my table just this past weekend, although I don't know if Boba was involved. I tried to explain to the guy that even a reduced rake was better than losing the table, but he wasn't buying it.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you ask me to burn one with you at a 15-30 table?
Old 05-31-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you ask me to burn one with you at a 15-30 table?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, no I was at 2/5.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather play in a room with the best games and options available with a slightly rude floor, then a room that doesn't have the best games/options available with a floor staff that is nice as can be. Pick and choose your battles gentlemen, the quality of the game is far more important than a staff that makes nice nice. Of course I agree that the nice nice staff would help make better games theoretically, but explain that to the V who has the nicest staff but can't get their thumbs out of their buts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think your reasoning is flawed. That is like saying you would not mind working with complete a$$holes as long as you made a few extra bucks.

For me I'd rather be in a friendly environment, and sacrifice a few bones. Since a lot of us do play poker for a living this applies.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since a lot of us do play poker for a living this applies.

[/ QUOTE ]

link - give me a break.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link - give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao
Old 05-31-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link - give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh snap
Old 05-31-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link - give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not including myself, but it's cute how childish you come off when some of your absurd comments are confronted.