Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2006, 03:17 PM

Default Re: USA Women\'s Hockey Pathetic

They play for the bronze against the loser of Canada/Finland
Old 02-17-2006, 03:19 PM

Could be worse, they could be Italy's women's team that lost 16-0, bye bye funding.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe its just me, but I don't understand how failing to score in a shootout makes the US Womens Hockey team pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

The game should have never reached a shoot-out in the first place. They should have steamrolled over the Swedes. That being said, from all accounts the Swedish goalie won the game single-handedly, and a goalie winning a game on his/her own has been known to happen.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:29 PM

This was not by any means a pathetic showing by the US. It was an absolutely ridiculous winning performance by the Swedish goalie. Anybody who watched the game saw that the US dominated play but were beaten by an ubelievably hot goalie. This happens - anybody remember Hasek carrying the Czecks to the gold a few years ago?
Old 02-17-2006, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
0 goals in the shootout, even with a do-over on one. Lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...I can't believe the US lost to Sweden. That's hilarious. I watched a bit this morning and the US was up 2-1. I figured they'd start pulling away fairly soon and the game would get dull.

Serves them right for spending so much energy whining about how Canada kept running up their scores.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once they whined it was obvious they were a bunch of losers. Bunch of American athletes are losers at this Olympics. The bode miller guy, the snowboarder who showed off and fell and lost, the figure skater who couldn't find his aura. Losers. Give them Cubs hats, Manning jerseys, and send them home to a parade with Holmgren blaming the refs. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2006, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
0 goals in the shootout, even with a do-over on one. Lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...I can't believe the US lost to Sweden. That's hilarious. I watched a bit this morning and the US was up 2-1. I figured they'd start pulling away fairly soon and the game would get dull.

Serves them right for spending so much energy whining about how Canada kept running up their scores.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once they whined it was obvious they were a bunch of losers. Bunch of American athletes are losers at this Olympics. The bode miller guy, the snowboarder who showed off and fell and lost, the figure skater who couldn't find his aura. Losers. Give them Cubs hats, Manning jerseys, and send them home to a parade with Holmgren blaming the refs. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice
Old 02-17-2006, 04:31 PM

1. You guys are way too quick too critizise your own athletes.

We on this side have always been amazed how american athletes always seems to show their best in the big championships. You're probably too spoiled. As soon as one of them has a bad performance, he gets eaten up. Be proud when they do well and supportive when they don't.

2. It is not easy to score on shoot-outs.

3. US were the better team, but Sweden showed more heart. The swedish "Lady Crowns" wanted to win more and therefore deserved the win. They were also probably more mentaly prepared for OT and shoot-outs.

4. Sweden is still way behind US and Canada, but a lot closer than four years ago and the gap will probably continue to shrink. Sweden is also a lot closer than many of you think. Many experts here had actually predicted that Sweden would beat US in the semi.

5. Sweden have quite a few very good players, but only one truly word class player (Kim Martin) and might be the best goalie in the world. She won the bronze game much the same way in Salt Lake City.

Edit: Compleated Number 2
Old 02-17-2006, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was not by any means a pathetic showing by the US. It was an absolutely ridiculous winning performance by the Swedish goalie. Anybody who watched the game saw that the US dominated play but were beaten by an ubelievably hot goalie. This happens - anybody remember Hasek carrying the Czecks to the gold a few years ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

the swedes got 2 gift goals on 2 horrendous defensive giveaways
Old 02-17-2006, 04:53 PM

Dude, it's Women's Hockey.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:50 PM

But in this Olympics several American athletes showed their worst. I mean, the figure skating guy was crying about the bus and literally talked about his aura and feeling black inside because of the bus before going out and being a loser. Of course Sweden showed more heart. The US had a team of losers whining that Canada was too mean. Of course they wouldn't have any heart. Of course Sweden was more mentally prepared. The Americans showed they weren't mentally prepared by whining about Canada. Champions don't do that. It was obvious beforehand, the question was simply when the Americans would collapse. So I don't think Americans are that bad on their athletes, but yes, losing is frowned upon, as is being a loser. And the above mentioned were all losers in this Olympics. It isn't just about winning, because some winners can finish down the list, but a question of heartless losers collapsing and in some cases being embarrasments.