Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 04-26-2007, 05:56 AM

Default noobs, feel free to have a go at this. Grunch it.

MP2 is really tight passive preflop (10/3) but is able to bet postflop (aggression factor 1.5). SB is TA/P (20/15/0.8). For both I had about 50+ hands.
edit: for clarity on aggro factor

Hopefully its clear as to what I was thinking...but im not going to say it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PokerStars 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 04-26-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: noobs, feel free to have a go at this.

Why do I feel automatically adressed if someone uses the term "n00b"... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I dont think you can/should play this hand any different.

Edit: If at all I'd raise the river, but I don't like the 6 for that. He might JUST get the shrewed idea that you called with Q6 and 3bet you with his TT. Since I know I couldn't fold to a 3bet, I just call.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:12 AM

Fold the flop. 10/3/1.5 is hardly "aggro."

When both you and SB call the flop and MP2 bets the turn, you need to fold there as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: If at all I'd raise the river, but I don't like the 6 for that. On of them might JUST get the shrewed idea that you called with Q6 and 3bezt you with his TT. Since I know I couldn't fold to a 3bet, I just call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Raising the river is awful, and not folding to a 3-bet is sosososososososososososo bad.

Feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:17 AM

Villain has FH, 7's full of A's, or has a pocket 7. You're doomed. Fold on the river when your K doesn't fall.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:18 AM

miles, by "aggro" I meant this aggression factor is 1.5...I didnt mean he is an aggressive SOB as such
Old 04-26-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain has FH, 7's full of A's, or has a pocket 7. You're doomed. Fold on the river when your K doesn't fall.

[/ QUOTE ]
So is he calling on his 2-outer or what?

WHAT THE [censored]?
Old 04-26-2007, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
miles, by "aggro" I meant this aggression factor is 1.5...I didnt mean he is an aggressive SOB as such

[/ QUOTE ]
Saying he is "able to bet postflop" implies that he is aggressive. At 6-max, my VPIP is about 29 and my AF is about 2. His VPIP is 1/3 of mine and his AF is lower. He is not "able to bet postflop." He is terrible. I know you won this hand, I'm just giving my thoughts. BTW good night, I'll revisit tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do I feel automatically adressed if someone uses the term "n00b"... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i wonder...

FFFFFFFRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSS
Old 04-26-2007, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop. 10/3/1.5 is hardly "aggro."

When both you and SB call the flop and MP2 bets the turn, you need to fold there as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: If at all I'd raise the river, but I don't like the 6 for that. On of them might JUST get the shrewed idea that you called with Q6 and 3bezt you with his TT. Since I know I couldn't fold to a 3bet, I just call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Raising the river is awful, and not folding to a 3-bet is sosososososososososososo bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, that's why I don't do it.

However, don't you think someone is donking his TT or 88 or whatever else sometime?
Old 04-26-2007, 06:36 AM

thx miles. yeah, bad choice of words. my bad. I really just meant that he hadnt been a calling station like some others at the table.

of course (to larger audience) we know that we shouldnt be too concerned with the stats anyway as it isnt a huge sample size. i.e., there are certain likely deductions to make from them but dont read too much into the stats and dont disregard them either. holla.