Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: The Upcoming Upgrade

[ QUOTE ]
One of the things I like about being a mod is that it gives me input on stuff like this. If we're going to have long threads where we share our ideas only to have them ignored, that's just really lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming your opinions from that thread were ignored. That's just not true. I based the initial ordering off that, and we went from there. One of the reasons Mat left me in charge of the forum reorganization is because of my opinions from that thread and thoughts I shared with him privately around the same time.

We didn't start over with a new discussion. We just continued from where we left off in that thread.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, why is bbv4l a community, but mtt community is is the strategy area?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it doesn't fit with the OT community forums.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:32 PM

I think the reorganization looks totally fine. And the fact that anything can easily be moved around makes this pretty much a non-issue.

I will point out though, that it's pretty funny that Other Other Topics is not under the Other Topics heading.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:53 PM

"And the fact that anything can easily be moved around makes this pretty much a non-issue."

Yeah I agree, the forum looks great, I hope no one's actually pissed.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:19 PM

I'm not upset at the results, I'm upset at the process.

While I was aware that diebitter and others were helping with the technical side behind the scenes, I was not aware at all that there were other mods involved in non-technical aspects of the design. I'm surprised that this wasn't shared, or that others weren't given an opportunity to add some input.

Again, a big part of the reason that I do this reasonably thankless job is that I really enjoy being able to provide some input here, to help the forums out overall, to help other mods. When a functionally clandestine group is formed to talk about something as huge as a total overall of the forums, I think that's pretty lame.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not upset at the results, I'm upset at the process.

While I was aware that diebitter and others were helping with the technical side behind the scenes, I was not aware at all that there were other mods involved in non-technical aspects of the design. I'm surprised that this wasn't shared, or that others weren't given an opportunity to add some input.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids - too many cooks. A few people were asked to provide minor input, and this avoided too many cooks syndrome - keeping things moving along at a brisk pace for Chuck. No worries, the forum is fluid and can still be changed for the better after its installed and being used by everyone - there is still time for feedback and all of our vital input.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:39 PM

Too many cooks is a horrible answer.

Get a lot of input, use a good filter. Given that the mod forum realistically has ~20ish mods who are active, nobody is going to be overwhelmed in terms of suggestions.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:43 PM

I'm not usually one to get in on situations like this so forgive me if this seems a little out of left field...

A few people are making a big deal out of "not being involved" in the new upgrade. From the perspective of good/bad for the forum you all make a valid point. The more feedback and input the new forum has the better it could be. This is true. However, I could name a bunch of things in rebuttal but I think two will be fine.

1) It's already done. There's no use debating it now.

2) The website doesn't belong to us. We just volunteer. Whatever decisions are made by Mason, Mat, Ryan, and Chuck are it. We have no right to anything. I love that they do include us on things, acknowledge our efforts, work with us on things, respect our opinions, and such. But we're not entitled to anything.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:39 PM

Who's idea was it to have Other other topics not under the other topics categoy????
Old 04-02-2007, 08:46 PM

Like 75% of the posts in ATF are about OOT or politics, and now it is at the top of the categories?