Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Vegas during the WSOP?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the cash games at those limits are always good in Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhhhhhhh, yea...I have to agree

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more likely you're gonna run into some real gravy during the WSOP. The scene... it's the 2nd or 3rd day of the WSOP main event. Sahara NL1/2 is just starting up about 5:30pm and folks there are buying in for $100 or $200 each. Two kids (can't be more than 23) sit down and kidOne pulls an envelope stuffed at least 1" thick out of his pocket and counts out $500 for himself and $500 for his friend and stuffs the envelope back in his pocket. And they start talking even before the first hand is dealt...

kidOne: "I lost a $70,000 hand today"
Player: "No you didn't"
kidOne: "I did too!"
Player: "Nope...just don't believe you."
kidOne: "Did so! I went all-in during the WSOP main event for 70000 and lost!"

And on the very first hand one of the boys goes all-in for $500 into a pot of like $6. He gets called and loses to 99 and never shows his hand. Next hand, his friend is all-in for $500 into a pot of like $10. About 5 people at the table simultaneously look at each other and pull out $300 more to add to their $200 buy-ins.

Yes, this happens other times. But the WSOP will be when more folks with "found money" who stumbled into a $500 200-player tourney win who've never had $30,000 in their pocket will be walking around searching for some way to look like big shots.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this, my friends, is why you should only play at the Wynn for your NLHE cash games, since they have uncapped buy-ins at all levels.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Vegas during the WSOP?

Very true about the airfare suggestion, in my experience at least... As far as the cash games go, I noticed a tremendous amount of donkish play taking place while dealing at the MGM during the WSOP compared to the months before and after... When thousands of people gather in one city from dozens of countries, the games will change. If you are looking for crazy 2-5nl with a capped buy in, or a 5-10nl game where there is no cap, try the MGM...