Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting

Old 03-28-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Tony Bennett Next Week

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That [censored] is bananas.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, that music before 1990 can be good?

Keep thinking that way, it's the reason I made easy money on Taylor last year. How's that new Daughtry CD?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused as to what you're exactly saying about Taylor and Chris here. While Taylor officially won the competition, Chris is by far the bigger star.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused as to what you're exactly saying about Taylor and Chris here. While Taylor officially won the competition, Chris is by far the bigger star.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just saying that while teenagers and young adults might drive CD sales, they are not the ones deciding the idol winner. Young people who think Daughtry is great music, and who think older standards and show tunes suck, are at a disadvantage when trying to pick the winner. Unless they can completely separate their own opinion from their wagers, which is easier said than done.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:53 AM

I think (and hope) that Blake will bring a cool vibe to any song in this genre.

Possibly a time for Phil to shine again.

With that being said...I wonder what Sanjay's hair will be up to?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just saying that while teenagers and young adults might drive CD sales, they are not the ones deciding the idol winner. Young people who think Daughtry is great music, and who think older standards and show tunes suck, are at a disadvantage when trying to pick the winner. Unless they can completely separate their own opinion from their wagers, which is easier said than done.

[/ QUOTE ]

teenagers and young adults are not picking the winner? wtf?
Old 03-31-2007, 04:34 PM

After this week, it's Jennifer Lopez, so we'd better appreciate a real musician like Tony while we can.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:11 AM

revots,

WTF? America picks a winner of a music competition and then when he comes out with an album America doesn't buy it. Doughtry was voted off (less popular than Hicks) and has sold over 2 million copies of his album compared to Hicks' 600K. While I think they both suck serious balls, it is clear that Taylor Hicks may be the worst Idol winner ever and it was a joke all along that he stayed in the competition. He was a gimmick, his "soul power" or whatever he was yelling was gay gay gay and now his gimmick has run its course.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:36 AM

It seems to me each year is the worst Idol ever. Season 2 didn't have the magic of 1, and even Carrie/Bo felt disappointing tho Carrie has actually done quite well.

I think whoever is Idol this year will sell worse than Taylor by a lot.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
revots,

WTF? America picks a winner of a music competition and then when he comes out with an album America doesn't buy it. Doughtry was voted off (less popular than Hicks) and has sold over 2 million copies of his album compared to Hicks' 600K. While I think they both suck serious balls, it is clear that Taylor Hicks may be the worst Idol winner ever and it was a joke all along that he stayed in the competition. He was a gimmick, his "soul power" or whatever he was yelling was gay gay gay and now his gimmick has run its course.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many CDs Taylor sold is beside the point - that's exactly what I'm saying. If teenage boys decided the idol winner, Daughtry would've won last year. But they don't, and he didn't.

The fact that Taylor won wire-to-wire, even though you are convinced he sucked so bad, illustrates my point. Obviously people with musical taste like yours are not the ones deciding who wins this show.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
revots,

[/ QUOTE ]

How many CDs Taylor sold is beside the point - that's exactly what I'm saying. If teenage boys decided the idol winner, Daughtry would've won last year. But they don't, and he didn't.

The fact that Taylor won wire-to-wire, even though you are convinced he sucked so bad, illustrates my point. Obviously people with musical taste like yours are not the ones deciding who wins this show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's been pretty much conclusively demonstrated that future potential success (and past success) is in no way correlated with one's likelihood of winning the contest.

Anyone remember the market on Bo/Carrie? I would guess Bo was favored at some point late in the game.