Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 04:08 AM

Default I didn\'t protect my hand so I\'ll just play two random cards

Another "I've never seen THAT before"...

NL1/2 game and a guy has just donked off 3/4 of his stack chasing something that didn't hit. He's clearly on tilt as he posts the $2 big blind and he announces "I'm going all in blind". It's not like people didn't hear him, and he repeated it when someone asked "does that mean you aren't even going to look at your cards?"

So it's limp, limp, limp, raise to $12 and true to his word BB goes all-in for $54 having not looked at his cards. Fold, fold, fold, and before $12 can say "call" or "fold" BB says "HEY! MY CARDS?! WHERE ARE MY CARDS?" Yep, they've been swept away. So here we sit with $6 in dead money in the pot, the $12 raise, and $54 from the BB. Floor is called, of course.

Floor has a bit of a deer in headlights look and initially suggests that the BB will just tell us what his two cards were and we'll fetch 'em from the muck. No can do--BB didn't look. BB says "I'll just give the guy $12 and take back the rest--he never called the all-in". The $12 guy kinda grumbles about that. So BB says to him, "ok...how 'bout I just play these two cards here" and he pulls a couple cards out of the muck at random. $12 says "ok" and the floor seems downright relieved and says if these two guys want to do this, it's fine with him. So BB plays the two randomly chosen cards from the muck and the other guy calls the $54.

BB flips over KhJh. $12 raiser rolls his eyes and flips overs 7h8h.

Genius. The guy raised to $12 with 87s KNOWING the BB was going to go all-in? And then fought hard to not accept the $18 in the pot and insisted on playing it out? He lost as he so totally deserved to, and $54 dude doubled up.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: I didn\'t protect my hand so I\'ll just play two random cards

I've never seen THAT before.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:20 AM

sweet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

who ever folded that hand was probaly pissed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2007, 06:54 AM

dont think someone folded KhJh. He pulled them out of a group of mucked cards.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Floor has a bit of a deer in headlights look and initially suggests that the BB will just tell us what his two cards were and we'll fetch 'em from the muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does a moron like this get hired as a floor?

b
Old 02-20-2007, 12:58 PM

Hil-freakin-arious
Old 02-20-2007, 01:55 PM

Well, I don't reflexively blame the dealer, but in this case.... WTF? How could the dealer muck a hand when the guy loudly goes all-in?
Old 02-20-2007, 01:59 PM

I was sort of skimming and made up my own story involving the floor ruling the raise to $54 as binding with the guy getting no cards, the 87s calling and the board coming AKQT9 for a chop.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was sort of skimming and made up my own story involving the floor ruling the raise to $54 as binding with the guy getting no cards, the 87s calling and the board coming AKQT9 for a chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

you wanna talk a bad beat... how pissed would you be as the 87s guy. that's awesome.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you wanna talk a bad beat... how pissed would you be as the 87s guy. that's awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? A bad beat is when you put your money in with the best of it and get a bad result.

If you're holding an 8 high (which is -EV against 2 random cards if you both see the river) and someone offers to give you $12 in place of running the hands, you should obviously take it.

This guy had the option and instead decided to run the hands. He lost, which was the most likely result. It was bad play, not a bad beat.