FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 05:26 AM

Default Re: 50/100 double gutter

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

with intentions of?

this guy is pretty aggro from that hand cts posted..

[/ QUOTE ]

well i didn't see cts' hand when i posted. obviously if this guy's married to ace high it's not a good spot to set up a 3-bet or a couple of barrels.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:54 PM

Since we know that V is very aggressive and fully capable of strong calls as well as going over the top of you, I'd suggest a rather passive approach.
Also, because the stacks are pretty deep and we dont want to make a decision for all our chips right here.

Like I said... If we bet right into him, there's a major possibility that he'll run over us, and even if he doesn't, I think he'll rather fold than just call.
So, with that in mind, I dont like neither bet-call nor bet-3bet; bc seems pretty weak, and'll probably be overrun on the turn, whereas bet-3bet is very risky. If he pushes we'll either be commited or have to fold; if he cold-calls, we have no idea where we stand, and we will be forced to act first on the turn; and if he folds, yay, we won a small pot.

Which leads us to our check options...
If he checks behind, take a shot at the turn and then re-assess from there. If he bets, however, we can either raise, and force him to make a decision for a large amount of chips on a dangerous board - the downside with this is that the turnwill be very hard to play as first to act; or we can just call, and then try to make a move at the pot at the turn.

I prefer the check-call alternative. With this play we can lay down on a bad turn, bluff on scare-cards such as A, K or any card that pairs the board, and also there's the possibility of making our hand.
Although, as someone said, if we do hit the low-end, I dont think we'll be paid off that generously.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not that he's aggro it's just that he is incapable of folding ace high or better. I would check the flop, probably call his inevitable pot bet (very good implied odds against this guy), then check/fold the turn if I miss.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-20-2006, 06:01 PM

FTR, noataima is some rich Canadian entepreneur. He's absolutely terrible, and seems to call on flop/turn with virtually anything (draw, overcards included) no matter what line you take. He will call with any pair on the flop and turn in hopes of improving, hence he's a pain in the ass if you can't hit a hand(he always bets, when checked to). The only time he ever folds is in on the river.

Against him just jam the pot on flop and turn with big hands...only bluff the river.

edit-man, when did he start playing 50/100???? Wow, I need to put more money on FTP. I've witnessed him drop 10+ buyins on 1 table before. He says he plays to "relax."
Old 12-21-2006, 01:17 AM

cc. without folding equity, why semibluff? you're just getting your money in bad
Old 12-21-2006, 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cc. without folding equity, why semibluff? you're just getting your money in bad

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-21-2006, 05:27 PM

just check call.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:57 AM

check call for sure. this dude does not fold lolll and by his smallish reraise preflop he probably has AA. one of those donk minreraise monster type deals. if u hit on the turn he 100% stacks off. dude that guy is so bad, results?