Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 02:05 AM

Default i hate rolf slotboom

The Pokerstars 10-20 game right now has >>>>5<<<< short stackers sitting at once. This is getting ridiculous.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:30 AM

Default Re: i hate rolf slotboom

i went on the other night and started games like i always do. got a couple good 4-handed games going, then the whole crew swooped in like vultures. It is pretty lame.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:02 AM

Yup the whole game is going to [censored] because of these ass clowns
Old 12-14-2006, 05:28 AM

What amazes me is that some of these guys (Joel and Eva, at least) actually buy in for the minimum as far down as the 200 tables. Maybe it's for cheap practice.

I feels a little strange when I try to take a shot at PLO 200 with my PLO 50 money and find myself starting with a larger stack than PLO 1000 regulars slumming it.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:41 AM

yeah i've seen eva and coco playing every limit from 25/50 down to 1/2 a few times
Old 12-14-2006, 06:19 AM

The solution to this [censored], since Lee refuses to respond in the thread in the zoo about this issue, is to only play on FT, where at least they have 6-max tables. If stars refuses to add 6-max or raise the buyin on these short stack queers, then playing on FT is the best punishment. It really doesn't take many players at most levels above the very lowest to move to have a snowballing effect, as with a smaller player base, PLO only players will move to where the games are going. The 5/10 and 10/20 games on stars are totally [censored] by these shortstackers, even if the mid-levels aren't.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:45 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but does short stacking really give them that much of an advatange? What exactly do they do that makes their short stacking so bothersome? Is it that they're cutting off your implied odds? Making the game less interesting?
Old 12-14-2006, 07:59 AM

There have been a few very good threads on this maybe we should make a compilation since it comes up so much lately. Somebody want to summarize the substantive issues about win-rate, advantage, etc?

For me it kills the action, makes the game slow, makes it hard to play pots with the fish, turns PLO into a two street game, oh and did I mention boring and slow. I hate the adjustments I have to make to avoid giving this guys action. And yes it clearly lowers my win rate. The awesome win rates you can sustain in PLO are born of deep stack confrontations with the classic PLO big pot scenarios (set over set, flush over flush, big draw versus set(s), big draw versus less-big draw, low runs multiway reraised pots preflop, etc). If 5 of the 9 players are playing short, these grossly +EV situations just don't come up as often with real money behind. I would play any one of the notorious short-stackers with deep money all day long. If they upped the min buyin to 40-50bbs and made 6max tables I would literally orgasm. But for now, I am just playing elsewhere.

They also need to shorten the time players have to make decisions by like 65%. This would eff a lot of these bastards up also, making it hard for them play two million tables.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:05 AM

I would not mind bigger min buy-ins, but I have always loved how Party and Stars force everyone to play full ring (prob cause I suck at 6-max PLO).

How would 6-max tables help the short stacking situation anyway?
Old 12-14-2006, 08:47 AM

They get blinded out faster and forces them to start shoving with weaker hands