Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 08:24 PM

Default Help finding website developer

Ok I have an idea for a website that I think will do quite well with Adsense and Bulk Impression Ads. I dont want to divulge too much info as of yet but basicaly I want to create a free online appraisal service of sorts for a specifc genre of media. Almost like a very confined search wizard. I want to have 4-5 drop boxes or text fields that the customer can input data and then be able to find out what this particular type of media is worth based on condition, age...etc.

I have about 20,000 individual media titles with pics and info that I want to be able to search from....kinda like the 2+2 search function....only one thats easy to use and clicks to a new page of criteria to further narrow search.

I will divulge all info I can to PMs but would rather not make this public, at least until the site is made.

I dont know nearly enough to make this site myself, or to really even know how to start inputting data, so I need some help building this site. Ive never hired a web designer, but Im completely open to PM's and any responses here as long as you have references and a portfolio of some kind. This wont be a high paying job, but the site isnt going to be graphically intensive either...no flash, etc...shouldnt take an experienced designer more than a few hours so I dont expect to pay out the nose.

Also if someone experienced can give me an idea as to what kind of expense I can expect this to be (So im not ripped off) Id appreciate it.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Help finding website developer

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I have an idea for a website that I think will do quite well with Adsense and Bulk Impression Ads. I dont want to divulge too much info as of yet but basicaly I want to create a free online appraisal service of sorts for a specifc genre of media. Almost like a very confined search wizard. I want to have 4-5 drop boxes or text fields that the customer can input data and then be able to find out what this particular type of media is worth based on condition, age...etc.

I have about 20,000 individual media titles with pics and info that I want to be able to search from....kinda like the 2+2 search function....only one thats easy to use and clicks to a new page of criteria to further narrow search.

I will divulge all info I can to PMs but would rather not make this public, at least until the site is made.

I dont know nearly enough to make this site myself, or to really even know how to start inputting data, so I need some help building this site. Ive never hired a web designer, but Im completely open to PM's and any responses here as long as you have references and a portfolio of some kind. This wont be a high paying job, but the site isnt going to be graphically intensive either...no flash, etc...shouldnt take an experienced designer more than a few hours so I dont expect to pay out the nose.

Also if someone experienced can give me an idea as to what kind of expense I can expect this to be (So im not ripped off) Id appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you write out a plan, with a show of the possible profits, I'd guess you could find some compsci major to write it for a percentage, up to a certain point.

I'm not a good web developer, but I know how it is done. If you find someone good with .NET, they could write something like this in a lot less time than you think... inputting the data is the main time consumer.

Also, you'd need a designer, obviously. The designer's job could be made very hard by a badly developed site.