FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 1 v. 8
A. Jolie 62 83.78%
C. Theron 12 16.22%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2006, 12:10 PM

Default Re: *** Official NCAA Football Week of 9/16 Thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
Let's talk about how Chris Leak almost always underperforms in big games against good Ds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like how in 3 games against UGA he's 50/77 for 590 4 TDs and 0 INTs
Old 09-15-2006, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let's talk about how Chris Leak almost always underperforms in big games against good Ds.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thanks. I only didn't mention it because he hasn't had a ton of huge yardage games against great Ds, but man is he efficient. Hopefully he'll put up big numbers all the way around this week.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of like how last year Georgia allowed 169 passing yards per game, and Leak threw for 108? Or how Tennessee allowed 215, and Leak threw for 179? Against LSU, he threw for 107, they allowed in the 170 range.

EDIT: I actually like Leak more than most UT fans. I think he's underrated and will be a very good NFL quarterback. However, the stats show a *possible* trend from him in big games against good pass Ds (for sure in 2005).
Old 09-15-2006, 12:56 PM

The problem in the past for Leak hasnt been because of good secondary but rather good DL combined with a mediocre O-line. The UF O-line this year is young, but they seem to be coming together well and definitely have some talent. Harrell playing with a torn bicep doesnt speak well for UT, because I just cant see how a DL can be effective with a torn bicep. Course he'll be all hopped on painkillers so maybe that will help mitigate it some but that wont make the torn muscle any more functional. Whats your prediction for the game Pirateboy? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of like how last year Georgia allowed 169 passing yards per game, and Leak threw for 108? Or how Tennessee allowed 215, and Leak threw for 179? Against LSU, he threw for 107, they allowed in the 170 range.

EDIT: I actually like Leak more than most UT fans. I think he's underrated and will be a very good NFL quarterback. However, the stats show a *possible* trend from him in big games against good pass Ds (for sure in 2005).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, as I was mentioning his stats aren't off the charts but he is efficient & leads his team to victory regardless.
You are forgetting his last 2 games against good defenses:
FSU, Iowa. He played awesome.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These type of Saturdays make me really happy that I married a woman who loves football as much as I do. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

my "best friend" scheduled his engagement party this saturday at 3:30pm. I mean WTF. I have been looking forward to this day for months, and I have to go to a SGDMF engagement party?

Thank god for 2 tivos and games on different channels. I'll be up till 4am watching all these games.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Speaking of lines, the M-ND line has jumped around from around 7/7.5 down to 4/4.5 in some places. That's pretty unusual, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is definitely unusual for a line to move this much, especially in a big game. I think the long history of close games in this series is the driving factor.

As for the game, I think the only way UM wins is if we go for the throat for the opening kick. I don't have faith Lloyd will do this, though. No more 5 yard outs, get Manningham and Breaston the ball in the middle of the field.

In some respects it is nice being the underdog. I am really tired of being the favorite in this game, only to blow it. That being said, I don't have confidence we will open up the playbook enough to win.

ND 17 UM 13
Old 09-15-2006, 01:27 PM

Come on ND, I got $100 on them winning outright.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:43 PM

I can't wait for Michigan to crush ND! Actually, I am sure it will be close, but I cannot wait either way. Huge game for both teams. Also, Michigan will lose if they do not start passing the ball. So far we are 10th in the Big Ten in terms of passing...we cannot beat a team as good as ND by just running the ball, even if Mike Hart is a beast.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These type of Saturdays make me really happy that I married a woman who loves football as much as I do. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

my "best friend" scheduled his engagement party this saturday at 3:30pm. I mean WTF. I have been looking forward to this day for months, and I have to go to a SGDMF engagement party?

Thank god for 2 tivos and games on different channels. I'll be up till 4am watching all these games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a fun day to me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]