Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 11:40 AM

Default Vegas chews \'em up and spits \'em out during WSOP

I got to listen to a LONG tirade of bad beat stories tonight in a NL1/2 game. Guy went ON and ON about his 2/5 and 5/5 games where someone sucked out on this, and made a dumb call with that and yaddayaddayadda. At least 5 minutes of this as he talks very loudly to the entire table and I think to the entire room.

Then we get a new player at the table... and he repeats all of this for the new player.

And then we get to hear how he used to be a game warden, best job he ever had, and he was really happy. Except, well... driving home from work he witnessed a head-on car wreak in which two people were killed and that traumatized him. He lost $40,000 over the next two days playing poker, and when you make $30K/yr as a game warden, you can't really afford to lose that much at poker. Soooo... naturally he quit his job and became a professional poker player. Naturally!

And not ONLY has he suffered bad beat after bad beat in every cash game and tournament he's played this WSOP, someone stole $800 out of his wallet tonight. Somehow they managed to get JUST the $800 out, and return to him his wallet in his pocket. Somehow. I was about to leave anyway, driven away by this babble, so I ventured to ask 'xactly how this pickpocket thief managed to pull this off, but the guy looked at me like I was the crazy one.

And... get this...this is the really awful part... after what's happened to him in Vegas so far, he's going to have to get a job when he gets home!!!!! MY GOD! A JOB!!!!

At this point about 3 people at the table lose it and just start laughing. The guy really doesn't understand why we're laughing, and we don't explain. So he just continues telling us how awful his life is and I rack up and flee.

Gotta love the WSOP.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Vegas chews \'em up and spits \'em out during WSOP

Awesome ... 1 and 1/2 weeks before I show up... yay!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:03 PM

I wish there were a "Disable Chat" feature in Live poker.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish there were a "Disable Chat" feature in Live poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are all missing the best parts of live poker. I feel bad for headphone players. The characters you meet in live cardrooms are what makes life hilarious.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:20 PM

You are missing nothing. Headphones were probably invented by a poker player.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:32 PM

So...would you rate his actions as better or worse than someone that feels the need to go to forums and go on and on about how annoyed they were that someone was going on and on about boring stuff?
Old 07-19-2006, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So...would you rate his actions as better or worse than someone that feels the need to go to forums and go on and on about how annoyed they were that someone was going on and on about boring stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

F.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-slow clapping-
Old 07-19-2006, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got to listen to a LONG tirade of bad beat stories tonight in a NL1/2 game, so I thought I'd reproduce the effect for all y'all at BBV. BLAH BLAH BLAH ad infinitum

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-19-2006, 11:12 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your post sucks.

rj