Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2006, 08:38 PM

Default Re: I think I just had panic attack

I suffered from panic attacks several years ago, when I had a lot of stress in my life. They really, really suck. You MUST find other outlets to relieve your stress. Exercise -- vigorous exercise -- is very helpful. Yes, there are medications you can take, but the best way to heal yourself is to reduce your stress level, or at least give your body an acceptable outlet. And any doctor worth his degree will tell you the same, even if he does prescribe medication. Unfortunately, the attacks do not generally get better or go away without some sort of change in your lifestyle/stress level.

Complicating things, your job situation sounds awful, and it also sounds like the situation is sabotaging your home life. It's never easy to change careers, but without knowing more I'd say you're real close to hitting the wall on this one. Life is short, and you're in a job situation that is chewing you up; find something better to do. You'll be happier and healthier.

And no, I'm not saying it's going to be easy to do these things, but ask yourself if this is still what you want to be doing a few years from now. If it isn't, start laying the groundwork for change NOW. Even taking small steps towards a career change may improve your mood/attitude.

Good luck, and get some exercise.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:38 PM

Default Re: I think I just had panic attack

[ QUOTE ]
Quite disappointing that nobody has posted an Analyze This image. I would but photobucket is being [censored] lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe a "Snakes feeling your pain" image???
Sam Jackson with the walkie talkie "That's life mutha' (censored)" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

off topic humor [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]