Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2006, 06:07 PM

Default Re: I think I just had panic attack

[ QUOTE ]
Either a panic attack or a heart attack. Recommend alcohol to alleviate symptoms.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

First off this is the worst [censored] advice i have seen on 2+2 ever. Im appalled at the poor responses you have received so far mate, obviously none of them have a clue as to what a panic attack is or how it effects you.

You may have had a panic attack. I have not bothered reading your link because I myself suffered from panic attacks for 6 months. Symptoms do include shortness of breath and dizzyness. You may get a tingling in your body especially around the mouth, you also for some strange reason think your going to die. They are mostly brought on by stress from what I know, but come about because your body is not producing enough of the chemical seratonin. This also causes low mood and depression.

The first time I had one I ended up in A & E I thought it was an asthma attack. I didnt have one for two weeks after, and then had one a week after that, and then every day. It was hell. I din't have a clue what was happening to me. I had to go on anti-depressants for a year. I've been slowly coming off the tablets for a couple of months and this week is the first week I haven't needed any. I feel good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I knew nothing about panic attacks until it happened to me when you talk to someone who has never had one they dont understand at all. However there are absolutely loads of people who have. It's even covered in the Sopranos!

The worst possible thing you can do is drink alcohol its a natural depressant and it's what was trigerring my attacks. I don't have attacks anymore and I barely ever drink.

I can't understand the spasms so maybe you should see a doctor about that. Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy
Old 07-12-2006, 06:09 PM

It sounds like a panic attack to me.

I have had them in the past and they are exactly what you describe, the only thing you didn't mention is an intense sense of fear of actualy passing out.

Horrible feeling eh...
Old 07-12-2006, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The first time I had one I ended up in A & E

[/ QUOTE ]

You had a panic attack and found yourself posting in Diebitter's forum? Weird.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Either a panic attack or a heart attack. Recommend alcohol to alleviate symptoms.

ScottieK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off this is the worst [censored] advice i have seen on 2+2 ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure everyone but you knew he was joking.

OP: If you don't want to miss work, then don't. But if you experience this anymore, or if the spasms don't go away, then not going to a doctor would be pretty retarded.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

ScottieK

First off this is the worst [censored] advice i have seen on 2+2 ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure everyone but you knew he was joking.

OP: If you don't want to miss work, then don't. But if you experience this anymore, or if the spasms don't go away, then not going to a doctor would be pretty retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thought had crossed my mind half way through my rant. Sensitive issue. Lol.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:36 PM

Warning LONG POST!!!

First off I'm a manager of a collections agency. Think what you want about the buisness (Ive already had 2day long debates on the collections industry itself..this insnt the thread for that) To the people that said to get a new job...you are 100% correct...BUT....let me shead some light on why Im still where I am.

I started at this company 5 years ago out of highschool. I was a lowley collector, after a year I got pretty good and started to make some really good money for my age. (My locality has a very low cost of living) I started the job along side my fiance' who is now my wife. We both were doing well for a few years....after a while I started to REALLY get burnt out of being a phone jockey, so I bitched and moaned and eventually was promoted to an assistant manager.

My day basically includes doing many many reports, taking over calls when the collectors cant (or wont) close the deal, training new collecotrs, inerviewing people, Clerical work that has been passed off to me because no one else wants to do it, and answering nearly 75+ retarded questions a day...most of which were explained to the person and they simply forgot or werent paying attention.

My gripe is:
1. I'm basically my managers biotch. On top of my duties he passes off 50% of his work to me so he has time to Brownose the directors and hit on another manager that we will lable as a C.T. (he's married...of course....most of my coworkers cheat on their SO's)

2. My pay was increased dramtically...but all they did was match what I was making with my monthly bonuses as a collector in salary. Ever since I was promoted I was told that a regular managers slaray is far more than what I make now (they wont give specific numbers...most corporations wont give these out) Unfortuneately I have found that this isnt true since one of my collegues was promoted and he divulged what he makes now....basically if they hire internally then the pay is dramatically less than if they relocate someone from another state. I can expect maybe half of what I previosuly thought....and thats going to be a few years from now anyways. IF a spot opens up.

3. We hire morons. Ive literally hired less than a dozen people in the nearly 2 years Ive been interviewing. We target young kids twith no experience and basically pan shake out the bad ones over 6 months....we usually retain 1 out of 10 after 6 months. Since I'm labled as the guys that "doesnt hire people" HR has taken it apon themselves to hire the people I turn away anyways.

4. Too many other small petty things to list.

Basically I have a lot of experience in this particular field. My wife refuses to move out of state, and all the other agencies in the area know my bosses personally. If I apply somewhere else I would probably be asked to resign immeidately...its just the nature of the buisness. So basically I am stuck working for a company I hate...looking forward to a crappy promotion that may or may not ever come, being underpaid, No education, No chance to move, and am experiencing adverse physical side effects due to stress. Plus my plan to eventually retire early and play professionally is completely up in the air with yesterdays house decison. When I come home I dont want to see friends...heck I dont even want to see my wife. I just sit and sulk then the next day repeat until the weekend where Im usually too tired to do anything....I just have no willpower or the ability to have fun. Life really sucks....

So yeah....to the guys making jokes about having a panic attack and yet not being busy enough that I can post on here....this is glimpse into a typical day at my office. You be the judge.

Maybe I should have retitled this "My crappy job just gave me a panic attack" I guess I went a little off topic.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:49 PM

Holy [censored], see a therapist.

You sound depressed, and the way you say you act now, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of your wife leaving you in a couple years.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:50 PM

Take a chill pill, it'll clear it right up.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:06 PM

Quite disappointing that nobody has posted an Analyze This image. I would but photobucket is being [censored] lame.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored], see a therapist.

You sound depressed, and the way you say you act now, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of your wife leaving you in a couple years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here....let me throw another loop in there.....my wife is also a manager at the same place. She feels the exact way I do and has comparable issues with her staff and superiors....She could write the same post and it would be eerily similar to mine.

My wife wouldnt leave me...nor would I leave her. Thankfully she's the one thing I can, and have always been able to count on no matter what.