Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 05-30-2006, 04:20 PM

Default Re: HOH3 Problem 1

Easy fold...no reason to get this LAGgy in any online tournament.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know as I'm reading these, i can't help thinking you are violating some copyright law or something, so be careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though I said what it is from? I'm not claiming it as my own material. You might be right though. Does anyone know the mods real well or the authors and can ask?
Old 05-30-2006, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You know as I'm reading these, i can't help thinking you are violating some copyright law or something, so be careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though I said what it is from? I'm not claiming it as my own material. You might be right though. Does anyone know the mods real well or the authors and can ask?

[/ QUOTE ]

Otherwise, you could post the whole thing here and no one would need to read/buy their book.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though I said what it is from? I'm not claiming it as my own material. You might be right though. Does anyone know the LAW?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 05-30-2006, 04:27 PM

Usually copyrights violations stem from loss of sales, so I'd say just don't go posting everything and they probably wouldn't care to much.. but it's just my opinion on that... by the way I choose A
Old 05-30-2006, 04:27 PM

Sometimes I do d sometimes I do b but now I feel like a donk for doing d [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I also don't feel like I would have that stong of a read on a player in the earlier stages of an online tourney. I would say normal raise>calling>folding>large raise. Or for the sake of this example: b > d > a > c

Normally I just want to see a flop early with a hand like 108. The blinds are not enough to just be randomly stealing and I have a good hand to catch some people. So either a limp or 3Xraise gets me to a flop with a couple of people and then I can reevaluate from there with my plan being to bet if the flop looks good for me.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:28 PM

why would you do anything other than fold here??
Old 05-30-2006, 04:31 PM

you forget who the author is? No way Harrington is opening T8 early on in a tournament.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:33 PM

A>>>C>B>D

I like C, but not for the reasoning given. If I were to raise here with these huge stacks, I'd want to raise about 5xBB. I'm hoping not for folds, which give me meaningless blinds, but for a call (ideally from the blinds) from someone with a strong hand but who's afraid of my raise. Now I'm in a situation where I have a pretty good idea what my opponent has, my opponent has no idea what I have and, ideally, I'm in position.

T8 is too weak here for me to raise, unless I think my opponents are truly horendous. But limping or betting 3x accomplish nothing other than get me into a multiway pot with a bad hand and no reads on opponents.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:34 PM

I'm not looking to commit myself, just play some flops early and work on getting something started.

I will say 108 sits about at my line. If I'm playing a tournament where I might be at the same table for a while then I'll work a little harder at my image and would fold. But if this is the first table and it will be broke by the time the blinds are at 50/100 then I have no problem getting a bit laggy with players that I might be able to stack off with TPTK.