Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 12:57 PM

Default PPs on coordinated flops, multiway pots

I tried using the search function but didn't really dig up anything quite what I wanted so I post a new thread. My apologies if this has been debated to death.

Let's say you hold a hand like AA,KK,QQ,JJ in EP-MP, raise it and get 3+ callers to the flop. Flop is coordinated in a way that gives your hand little or no help, potentially draw-heavy and/or smaller pockets may have hit.

For example...let's say we hold black queens, bumb 4x, get 3 callers and the flop land 7TJ w/ two hearts and we're first to act.

What's the typical flop line?
What kind of action and/or turn cards would make us want to drop the hand or keep going?

Obviously I understand that different lines must be taken versus different players, but still..lets assume these are relative unknowns with no unusual stats on them yet (for the stakes at hand). If you got different ideas versus different players, it would be great if you posted them also. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2006, 01:08 PM

Default Re: PPs on coordinated flops, multiway pots

Bet out, assume you have the best hand until the betting of the opponents suggests otherwise
Old 05-24-2006, 01:08 PM

Default Re: PPs on coordinated flops, multiway pots

I always bet out, obviously stronger on a draw heavy flop like this. If I don't take down right away I usually proceed with extreme caution if the turn completes potential draws. If it blanks, I'll usually bet again (maybe 2/3 PSB this time) and fold to a raise.

As you said reads are important. I'll almost always call a minraise to my PSB on the flop, but against huge nits I'm willing to just c/f the turn UI if he leads into me and all I have is an overpair. Against your typical donkey though I'll play AA-KK to the felt if the turn blanks, expecting to see a flush draw and AJ-KJ a large portion of the time.

I'm very interested to see what others have to say about this.