Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 11-26-2007, 02:45 PM

Default 6 max or full ring for semi beginner?

hi everyone, im about to make a $300 deposit and im wondering what the pros/ cons of both 6 max and full ring are so that i can make a choice for which to play. Also what limits are best for my bankroll, im thinking 20 or 25 NL?

thanks alot!
Old 11-26-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: 6 max or full ring for semi beginner?

If you like a lot of action go with 6 max. I also hear there are a lot of swings in 6 max so you may also want to take that into consideration. Play full ring if you are a more tight player. You can also probably play more tables of a full ring than 6 max at once. As for $300 for 25NL, thats a little under the 20 buy in rule and if this is your first time depositing online, I would play 10NL until you get used to seeing some of the swings that can occur.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:32 PM

I'm not sure about 6 max since I play full ring but as far as bankroll I would start with 5NL or 10NL at least for a while unitl you get comfortable with online play.

Also if you are going to do some SNGs or a few tournaments with the bankroll I would think 25NL is high to start. You can always move up if you are killing the games, also if you do start at 25NL don't be araid to move down quickly if things go bad (assuming you don't want to just keep reloading)
Old 11-26-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hi everyone, im about to make a $300 deposit and im wondering what the pros/ cons of both 6 max and full ring are so that i can make a choice for which to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try both and see what you prefer. Most people would probably tell you to start with FR though as passive play doesn't get punished as severely in a typically FR setting.

[ QUOTE ]
Also what limits are best for my bankroll, im thinking 20 or 25 NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should not be thinking about getting rich on the basis of this initial $300 deposit. Rather you should look at it as an investment in learning how to play. As such you should play fairly low (10NL and under) so that you can gain the maximum amount of experience before losing you $300. If you played 25NL you could easily lose your deposit in one evening.

Lucky
Old 11-26-2007, 09:54 PM

I say start with $5 buy-in full ring. $10 would be ok, but if you get off to a bad start you probably won't enjoy moving down right away, so just start low and move up later.

Full-ring is better to start in order to get a feel for the game, the software, the players, etc. without really getting into too much trouble.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:49 PM

I would do full ring and learn to play premium starting hands