Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 08:43 AM

Default Ace8 sooted attempt steal. Need help on turn and river.

agro villain 30/23 over small sample size.

raising river here is very bad right?

BB: $35.76
UTG: $28.36
Hero (CO): $27.62
BTN: $27.15
SB: $69.27

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.20</font>, BB calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($9.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6
Old 11-20-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Ace8 sooted attempt steal. Need help on turn and river.

Why is raising the river bad here? Only hand that beat you are FHs, which I don't think are in his range... I shove. No one believes your backdoor flush anyways.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:52 AM

I either shove or minraise/call shove on this river
Old 11-20-2007, 08:59 AM

Villain took the initiative on the turn, which means he "had" his hand here. His range here is huge - tons of 2pairs whether they are from weak aces or sc type hands, straight, straight draws, flush draws, blah blah blah. Enormous.

River lead narrows it down a bit, but still leaves open a straight, 2pr (AT), and a flush. Further, i think a straight calls a raise very often here (it backdoored), AT probably calls here if the player has a highish WTSD, and flushes are definitely calling as well.

Valueshove FTW. Its right about a pot sized raise (21ish) in the middle after your call, it looks kinda bluffy, and theres a lot of hands that call here. Stop nitting!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Todd
Old 11-20-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain took the initiative on the turn, which means he "had" his hand here. His range here is huge - tons of 2pairs whether they are from weak aces or sc type hands, straight, straight draws, flush draws, blah blah blah. Enormous.

River lead narrows it down a bit, but still leaves open a straight, 2pr (AT), and a flush. Further, i think a straight calls a raise very often here (it backdoored), AT probably calls here if the player has a highish WTSD, and flushes are definitely calling as well.

Valueshove FTW. Its right about a pot sized raise (21ish) in the middle after your call, it looks kinda bluffy, and theres a lot of hands that call here. Stop nitting!

Todd

[/ QUOTE ]

really... his sd is about 10%. He prolly took the initiative because he prolly paired his 9x on the turn? I was ready to muck it until I saw that I runner runnered a flush. I still didnt feel good calling that 6 dollar bet. Maybe I am a nit.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Todd

[/ QUOTE ]

really... his sd is about 10%. He prolly took the initiative because he prolly paired his 9x on the turn? I was ready to muck it until I saw that I runner runnered a flush. I still didnt feel good calling that 6 dollar bet. Maybe I am a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTSD is 10? Over what sample? Thats an absurd number.