Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 11-19-2007, 11:03 AM

Default What range of hands do u raise against tight passive in HU nl sng\'s

And i mean preflop play of course. Ax, (A2,A3?), Kx(what kickers), Suited Kx-Jx, any pair of course (big pairs: AA,KK,QQ), suited connectors (semi-connectors and unsuited connectors?).

And i know that HU can't be played autopilot on but what is ur basic rule unless proven otherwise?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: What range of hands do u raise against tight passive in HU nl sng\'s

raise them OTB 100% like to 2.25 bbs, take them out of their comfort zone or just keep stealing their blinds.
Then overbet by half of the pot, 2 barrel, until you see him losen up, trap, float/then adjust
Old 11-19-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: What range of hands do u raise against tight passive in HU nl sng\'

yeah 100% from the button. i also go mad punishing limps until they start to catch on.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:57 PM

Does this OTB mean all the mentioned hands or all hands? stupid question but not familiar with the vocalbury
Old 11-19-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this OTB mean all the mentioned hands or all hands? stupid question but not familiar with the vocalbury

[/ QUOTE ]

"on the button". raise every hand when in the SB/OTB.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And i mean preflop play of course. Ax, (A2,A3?), Kx(what kickers), Suited Kx-Jx, any pair of course (big pairs: AA,KK,QQ), suited connectors (semi-connectors and unsuited connectors?).

And i know that HU can't be played autopilot on but what is ur basic rule unless proven otherwise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we talking cash or SNG or MTT here? There is a big difference obv.

I'll talk SNG, I think that a successful HU strategy is to be aggressive when in position. It seems like most weak/tight/passive HU players are still in full ring mode. I raise OTB every time 2.5x or 3x the BB. In the BB, I raise more liberally than most, but I do not like to play big pots out of position without the goods. Generally, you can abuse these players with relentless PF raises from the button, c-bet every flop and throw in some double barrels until you build a little bit of an aggressive image. Eventually, opponent will adjust and you can then value bet a big hand like set or turned flush all the way to value town. Becuz we have been stealing pots relentlessly PF and post flop, by the time our opponent adjusts, he/she is too short to make moves post flop and it becomes a much more straight forward game.