Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Any major leaks how I played this??

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure I could dig up plenty of hh's where i get 4bet or 5bet and villain is just over-playing top pair or some garbage draw. It's just such a standard play at this buyin level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played lots of 22's. I have 8 hands where villian raises me twice on the flop and we get to showdown.

6 out of 8 villian had tpwk (out of all the hands none of these guys ever had a kicker higher than 6)
1 out of 8 villian had two pair.
1 out of 8 villian had nut straight.

But ... in BOTH hands where villian had 2p/str, the flop action went min raise/4-bet small. In ALL of the other hands it went raise/all-in. Granted it's a small sample, but pretty interesting nonetheless.

I think tmc's advice is actually pretty good here. You should get the money in here normally (i.e. if he pushes), but this line stinks so much of a big hand you can think about laying it down.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Any major leaks how I played this??

Thank you all for your input.. I know I played it poorly and was looking for the best line to take here. A lot of interesting perspectives, but it seems the general consensus is that my re-raise was far too weak, which would give me a better line on his hand.