Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 12:53 PM

Default river sexy x3

CP 30, i used a couple river c/r lines and wanted feedback on which were good/bad/ugly...

1) tag opens in middle, laggy fish 3-bets, hero 4-bets AKo from sb, both call... KJ3(2hearts), i bet - tag folds- lag calls, turn is 8h, i bet and he thinks for a while then checks his cards and calls, river 8... i check...

2) 1 tightie limps in early, i overlimp KJs, laggy button limps and blinds see it cheap... flop is AT4 with 2 of my suit... checks to button who bets and all fold to me (i intended on c/r field)... turn Q... hero c/r and button calls... river A... hero checks...

3) its 7 handed and hero raises QQ in late, very maniac button 3-bets, hero 4 and button calls... flop is KJ6 and hero bet/3bets turn is 3 bet/call, and river is K... hero checks

as a note, i usually dont c/r the river much at all, but recently it has seemed as though ppl were calling me down light with the intention of bluffing or making very thin value bets on the river if i check... so i thought i'd had enough of that, let the river c/r-ing begin... also, a name should be thought of for out of line river c/r (similarly to donk for awkward bet outs)
Old 11-03-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: river sexy x3

1 & 2 I like.

3 seems like a spew even on the flop + turn line, but i guess it depends on how maniacal he is and how far he takes his bluffs. i really don't like a c/r here... he is betting and calling a raise with a naked J or PP on this river? and if he is really that crazy you can't even fold to a 3b safely.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:11 PM

On hand one I could see how maybe picking off a bluff would be better than straight value betting, if you think he has a very weak and or busted draw and would not call a bet. Don't see how c/r is better than c/c though - is he going to call a checkraise with something you beat?
Old 11-03-2007, 04:41 PM

How crazy is opponent in hand 3. Pm me if I know him. it could run the gamut from expert to spew depending on villain.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:51 AM

1) Just bet.
2) Just bet.
3) Just fine.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:42 PM

1) i wiffed and he had A-high
2) i c/r and did not get paid
3) i wiffed and he had a baby pp which may have called...

aside from any metagame this might impact i think it was breakeven in these examples
Old 11-05-2007, 06:09 PM

Hand 2 is a really nice spot for a sexy. If he's got an ace he's going to be too tempted not to bet.

Hand 1 and 3: I like a bet there a lot more.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:25 AM

In hand 3 I like a bet much more. He'll call with A high and lots of pairs he won't valuebet on the river.

Hand 2 I like it a lot, hand 1 I "like" it I just don't know if it's better; and in live games when I'm not sure if I should sexy or just lead it goes cc when I try it and they call when I bet.

So I'd probably bet.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:41 PM

Of all of them I like #2 the most, but I rarely/never make this play live. People dont VB as relentlessly as online. Also, in 1 and 3 there are a significant number of worse hands that will call a bet but will also be happy to take the free showdown.