Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 11-02-2007, 12:56 AM

Default READ THIS IF YOU USED HILTON\'S WIRELESS IN NIAGARA DURING WPT

Ok i don't know all the details on this yet, but here is the story:

I stayed at the Hilton with 2+2er Doggz all week. On Tuesday around noon he checked his bank account on his laptop and noticed 6 $50 transactions to a random game site (i don't remember the site, I'll have him post it later) and an attempted authorization for a Yahoo Wallet transaction. These were all dated around 5-6am EST. He called his bank, had the transactions canceled, card deactivated, etc. I just checked my email today and noticed that someone requested password changes on my 2 gmail accounts on Tuesday morning around 5:32 am EST. We were both using separate laptops and it appears that the only connection was we both were using the Hilton's [censored] wireless internet. I fortunately used a pre-paid card that had just enough on it to cover the wireless charge so even if it was compromised there was nothing to take. This is all of the information i have so far but if I figure anything else out I will post it as soon as I know it.

In the meantime I suggest anyone who used Hilton wireless check any accounts you may have transfered information from and change passwords just to be safe. Had Doggz not decided to check his account that morning there is no telling how much more he could have lost.