Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 11-01-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

Why do they always play perfect vs my specific hand and terrible vs. my range...?

Second hand of the match & he hits and runs me to add insult to injury. Jborg89 FU. £$QUPUY££U$HG(£U$WH"(HU"($U

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $266.95
BB: $200

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, BB calls $4

Flop: ($12) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $30</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $90</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $194 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $104

Turn: ($400) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($400) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $400 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
Hero showed 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Ace Ten high) and LOST (-$200 NET)
BB showed A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and WON $399.50 (+$199.50 NET)
Old 11-01-2007, 09:19 PM

Anybody know of a HH editor or something similar that can cut down on the space hands take up?

Basically I want to start printing up HHs and going over them at night. I prefer to read on paper than online, especially when focusing. I use up a lot of my thinking/focus playing husngs and I think reviewing a lot of HHs would cut down on my playing time (which is already too low). So something that summarizes hands that did not see flop "hero raise, bb fold" to one line and cuts back on unnecessary lines during hands would be good for me.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tnixon , what happened to your 10 buy-in rule ?

It's not working anymore , huh .

[/ QUOTE ]
You really are a completely ignorant jackass, aren't you.

I've already said that I backed it off a little for $50s, and quite a bit for $100s.

In fact, I resurrected that last buyin thread solely to admit to a little bit of chickening out on 10 buyins when I got close to playing $100s.

And I happen to know you read it, because you responded to it.

Which means the only purpose if this post is to give further examples of how absolutely ignorant you really are, and to see if you can tilt me more than you already have by being a complete goddamned idiot.

Grats, it's working. Jackass.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep your wars out of the LC thread, dammit!

I request an official JayShark and TNixon bickering thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry dave.

I realize "he started it" is absolutely childish and wholly insufficient.

but...

well...

he started it.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I beg to differ - there's a little known game called amplitude that blows all other follow the bouncing ball games out of the water.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yes. amplitude was such a great game.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:10 PM

500th post yo.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
500th post yo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please post a TR on your adventure.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
500th post yo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please post a TR on your adventure.

[/ QUOTE ]
I registered back in March, but didn't post much. I just lurked around the STT forum. There really wasn't much to post on anyway; if it was a push/fold situation, someone would post some complex math and that would be the end of it. Or if it was something about how to play in the early stages of a STT, people would all have different opinions and everyone would eventually come to the conclusion that it doesn't really matter if you limp PPs or SCs, as long as you don't do anything exceedingly stupid and play proper push/fold poker late you'll be a winning player. Anyway, I had played ~1500 $12 STTs with an 8% ROI. Nothing special, but I was working hard to get better and was generally very optimistic. Then I went on a 50 buyin downswing over 200 games. It wasn't bad beats or tilt or anything; I was making correct pushes and my opponents just had a hand in their calling range way more than they should have. Being on the wrong end of countless 60/40s is way worse than beats imo.

Anyway, I decided I never wanted to see another SNG again. So a couple months ago I went back to my first love, limit hold 'em. I started posting a lot in the Micro Limit forum. Nice guys, for a bunch of crotchety old men (j/k, I &lt;3 the micro forum). Anyway, I played 10k hands of 1/2 FR. Things went well, but it was boring and the games were nitty as hell. So I jumped into fishy-ass 6max, and dropped 500bbs in 20k hands. Again, most of it was running bad, but looking over my HHs and reading the posts of better players made me realize that I would probably never be better than a marginal LHE player. I just didn't get it for some reason. So I gave up like a little bitch.

And that gets us to here. I read one of Cwar's old posts (I think it was the one about why one should play husngs), and the thing that really caught my eye was the low bankroll requirements, seeing as how I was now a bit low on poker funds. So anyway, I've played ~200 11s and am down 14 buyins.

There ya go, Hokie. And I'm sorry if you were being sarcastic [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 12:07 AM

nice graph lj
Old 11-02-2007, 12:45 AM

So I'm trying to get into my opponent's head.

These are two separate villains. Hands are from their perspective. Help me figure out what they are thinking.

Eff. stacks 1300

15-30 blinds

Hero calls bb of 30 with Ks8c. Villain checks.

Flop 7c8dJh (60)

Villain leads for 45. Hero Calls.

Turn 7c8dJh Qh (150)

Villain leads for 90. Hero raises to 180. Villain calls.

River 7c8dJhQh Kc (510)

Villain checks. Hero bets 150. Villain calls.

Hand 2

Effective stacks 1100

Blinds 20-40

Hero raises 5h6h OTB to 80. Villain raises to 240. Hero calls.

Flop 4s3c2s (480)

Villain bets 350. Hero shoves. Villain calls.

Thanks.