Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Line with AA

Full ring and I just sat down for two orbits. Alot of medium and short stacks and very aggressive. I bet on sports and they opened a poker room, so its small but filled with pure gamblers.

I am UTG with obv AA and limp. Hijack, button, sb limp and bb checked, so eff me.

Flop is rainbow K high with two low cards. I check, button bets pot and all fold. I think making a call or raise here is fine and I just call.

Turn is another low card and would make a one gap straight of like 57 or something, s basically a gutshot got there. He bets pot again and I call.

Now the river pairs the 4 or basically one of the low cards.
Board looks something like K 2 4 6 4.

My question is does the 4 help or hurt my hand? It does counterfiet a king two pair hand. Is there a good chance he is bluffing and I should only make a post oak bet? Can I only lead if I am able to fold to a reraise?

I obv ended up misplaying the hand and would also appreciate general feedback on how to aaproach the rest of the hand when you limp with AA, KK and have to take the flop like this. Calling the flop is ok, but can you fold turn to a PSB?

Gracias
Old 10-31-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Line with AA

I dont know if calling the flop and turn is okay. You get no information with calling. He could either have just a K9 or something in that range. But he also preflop calls with pocket pairs (like 22,44) that have your hand crushed.

The 4 doesnt help or hurt your hand most likely because there is almost no way that he flopped two pair with k2,k4,24

I would raise either the flop on the turn. This slows him down because you have shown strenght. If he keeps going you may have to consider that he has a set.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Line with AA

I would bet / fold the river, its good for your hand if he doesnt have a set