Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 05:24 AM

Default 63o in the 39$ SWU satty

Hi, I'm new to 2+2 and I'd like to hear your opinions about the hand below. There are 7 people left, everybody is guaranteed to get their buy-in back, and there are 6 215$ tickets to win. I was quite unlucky that the other shorts were surviving their coinflips, I was getting any hand, actually I didn't need to, because I could've been folding my way to sunday warm-up. I was getting low on chips and this hand came:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">SB (t8584)</font> &lt;- this guy is pretty donky, he doesn't understand the idea of satellite tourneys, I can't expect him to fold even Ax, even though he should fold AA/KK here, because he's almost guaranteed a ticket.
BB (t6043) &lt;- he's playing correctly, basically folding his way to the ticket
UTG (t4442) &lt;-- this buddy will quicker go out than me if he keeps folding (and I do) all hands, but if he double up or succeed in stealing, I'm in trouble.
MP1 (t14903)
MP2 (t16615)
CO (t5983) &lt;- this guy is pretty low on chips and is in quite the same situation as me.
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t4930)</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?</font>

The results are unimportant. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'd shove here anytime if I had thinking guy on sb. But what to do in these situation? Isn't the price of guaranteeing myself one more orbit too big?

mash.

edit: what if we have here: a) JJ b) 55 c) ATs d) T9s?
Old 10-28-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: 63o in the 39$ SWU satty

Any Antes? Not like it would matter here. Clear fold, and it's not even close.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: 63o in the 39$ SWU satty

Ante is 50 as far as I remember.