Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 10-27-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Villain\'s pushin 99% of hands NLCASH

NL50 HU CASH. 2-tabling with same villain. He tilts and starts pushing 99% of hands 100-120bbs deep on both tables for like 100 hands, and I am on cold-run. Only hands I've had during this were max like KJo, 66, A9s. Nothing greater. What's my plan? What do I do? I don't want to get into many , marginal spots and even KJo and 66 are not good enough for me. When he'll win, he'll stop going all-in and probably will leave. It's the guy that I've played before and he might come back though next time. But the damage is 35$ of stealing my blinds*2 tables= 1.5 buy-ins, ROFLMAO.
The only choice I have is to call with TOP30 or leave and come back, when I have a good run of cards, or at least somewhat regular? brb 4mins, whahahaha
Old 10-27-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Villain\'s pushin 99% of hands NLCASH

In cash games , you take the edge no matter how negligible you think it is . If your call can beat the rake , then you should be willing to gamble .

Positive EV is positive EV and you're leaving dead money on the table if you fold regularly .

If he's raising literally atc's , then you should be willing to call with j-9, j-10 ,etc . Pretty much any hands slightly better than random to compensate for the rake .
Old 10-27-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In cash games , you take the edge no matter how negligible you think it is . If your call can beat the rake , then you should be willing to gamble .

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not entirely true since a tilting donkey will leave the moment he doubles up.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:32 PM

so were you limping on the button?
were you showing any strength on the button...and he still reraised all in every time?

i'd start calling with Ax...
Old 10-27-2007, 04:33 PM

What if he/she loses ? Don't you think he will continue playing the same way until he wins some of that back ?

I don't think you can fold a hand as strong as j-10 against this type of player .
Old 10-27-2007, 04:57 PM

Tx, Jay, good reply. But one concern Krosch outlined - he'll leave if win, that's why i was devastated to call with K9s, QTo. And to your question:yes, he'll keep going all-in with faster speed if he'll lose with his 23o, lol. I am same 99% positive(look below for answer).
to ASG: I don't want to call with less then A9o, I'll have a chance of losing him like what? 40%?
Anyway, I came back and he started playing normal again, until he lost couple times and utlra-tilting mode is ON. Now I've got AJ, AQ, AK hands, 88,99,TT, KK and JJ. He's been putting lots of badbeats and even managed his stack to gro to 300 bbs on one table, after that he didn't leave, he...!!! was going all-in on table where he lost and played normal at the one that won(until he lost again, switched to all-in). Really weird and rare type of a player. But I managed to make him down to his original buy-in at one table and busted him 2-3 times at the other in overall. It was very bumpy road, made me drain alot after he ran off beeing only 1-2 buy-ins behind, and I paid lots of rake.
P.S. Also I remember from earlier he made a call OTR with 24o in descent-sized pot. The only hand he could beat is 23o and some splits AFAIR.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:10 PM

Off the top of my head , I would say to call with any hand that has at least a 55% equity versus a random hand . However , he may decide to leave if you keep folding so you can't wait too long either .
Old 10-27-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Off the top of my head , I would say to call with any hand that has at least a 55% equity versus a random hand . However , he may decide to leave if you keep folding so you can't wait too long either .

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably not so bad. After all there is a risk he'll stop tilting or leave before we have catch a good hand.

I usually wait for Ax or K9+ or 77+ or something like that. Not exactly sure but I get quite tight. As I mentioned, I'm afraid I'll lose and he'll leave but I don't know how I should weigh this in. I have the feeling I'm on the tight side.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:11 AM

really dream opponent

A7+, KT+, QJ, QTs?, 55+ is my calling range for him