Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 08:54 AM

Default The Q to Indy\'s DECISIONS thread

Awesome post. Thanks.
My concern is about that you(INDY) said you make 4-6K/month at HUSNGs, and idea was people don't make even close to 25K/month. Is that such a huge difference between HUSNG's and HU CASH?
Let me introduce myself briefly. My experience in HU is 29K hands(20 days) - NL50 HU CASH strictly. During these hands I've made lots of basic mistakes in first week, because of wrong thinking process. But started to learn and ran in total 8.06PTBB/100.
VPIP SB 75.78% PRF Raise 39.05% Went to SD 34.16% Won at SD$ 47.72% Flop AF 4.14 Turn AF 2.69 River AF 2.38
Rake $2,717.78 (RB 20-25%, not sure which I have, depends on points)
Overall game: I had TONS of badbeats and sick coolers, and don't remember winning with pairs alot(mostly opp folded preflop or flop vs my big pockets or AK stuff). I encountered mainly crazily agressive players. Only 2-3 guys were better than me. Once I lost 8 buy-ins to one of these guys, because he asked to play him 2 tables and I've never had that experience. But that case equals out on the maniac that lost 500$ to me in like 1 hour. So otherwise, I've had pretty bad run with almost no experience, no self-confidence and no knowledge of good poker thinking in HU terms. I was going by my feel of what is good HU poker might be. I can pass HH of all big-medium hands that I lost, they are 90% badbeats, coolers and hands I won big-medium pots, same thing - 90% of them NOT badbeats or coolers I put on opponents, just outplayed. and made 8ptbb/100. The point I am trying to bring is, if I am at the bad run, no experience and beating it up to 8ptbb(and if I was playing at least somewhat decent, it could've easyli been 15ptbb/100), and the killing rake of the NL50 didnt hurt me($2,717 for 29K hands) I made $2,424+$400 bonus+~$1,000 rakeback= $3,800.
Let's assume:
1)I move up to NL100
2)paying less rake in % compare to NL50
3)getting more rakeback and % of it
4)stop making basic mistakes
5)adjusting to different opponents better
4)improving my game further
5)not running so awfull
= immediate at least double-up profit, which comes up to $6,000.
Next step, getting to higher and higher buy-ins is a drop in PTBB/100 because of better players, but still profit will grow alot. So I think 25K/month is very very possible for learning thinking player.

Please, provide me with info, am I right or how far I am off?