Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 10-20-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Caesar\'s $1500: Help, I\'m Addicted to Suited Connectors

c/r because its live, people will do lots of weird stuff like bet 600 with 99 AQ and fold
They don't understand hand ranges and pot odds etc well enough(if at all).
Old 10-21-2007, 01:07 AM

So I shoved, I thought that OR could fire out a c-bet anywhere between 500 and 2K, therefore I believed shoving was the only way to make sure I was preserving FE. While any of you would be able to put me on exactly 65 in less than a second with this play, I didn't think anyone in the hand could (Shaun is right, my table was unbelievably weak for a $1500 buy-in event). 2nd limper thought for a long while before folding, OR instacalled with AA, I bricked out.

I guess another way to play it is to check and hope that multiple players start throwing chips around, to maximize the number of chips in the pot before I shove.

Preflop I'm still not sure about. Pot odds are great, but the SPR (stack/pot ratio) is not really conducive to playing suited connectors, because you want to be able to shove over a bet with FE if you flop a big draw. I actually think this hand plays a lot better if the two limpers are not in the pot, then the PF pot is 950, I can C/R any c-bet with substantial FE without making an overbet. I realized this at the table after calling and before acting on the flop.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:37 AM

the pf call is -ev for sure in a vacuum
Old 10-21-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the pf call is -ev for sure in a vacuum

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-21-2007, 03:06 PM

Id fold PF for sure, once you make the flop going allin is never going to be too bad. Worst case you get called and have outs. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is kind of a [censored] spot because you don't have any FE with anything but leading out, so you probably should lead out with whatever size you think gives you the most FE. I have no idea with these players what that is, but it's not checking through and check/calling sucks because of no FE, so bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given description of other players I pretty much agree with this. Bad players see pushing all in as a sign of strength often, so its probably your best bet. Be prepared to get called light by OR, though. If you really do not want to get your stack in on this flop then you should fold PF IMO, since this is one of the better flops for you.

I have mixed feelings about the PF call in general, but if you think you are that much better than the other players at the table, you should probably fold and save your chips for when someone else is looking to do something stupid when you have a stronger hand then they do.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:23 PM

A serious question for you: what were you hoping for when you called?

You already knew the action would be multi-way, and which players would be involved. What did you want to flop? (aside from a miracle)

That said, my flop action probably depends on how much time is left in the level. You're short-stacked, and need to get some chips. If 1/2 is coming soon, [censored] discretion, just push and see if you pull the pot or suck out. If 1/2 is still 50 minutes away, there are likely better places for me to pick up pots. (Places that don't involve pushing a short-stack into 4 players, on a board where a lot of people would do that with a huge range.)