Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 11:13 PM

Default How do you handle these: NLCASH

<font color="blue"> James11 joins the table and after several hands(I've picked up his over-agro-spewy style): </font>
Game #5879812064: Hold'em NL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/10/13 - 03:57:52 (UK)
Table "Sabretooth" Seat 2 is the button.
Seat 1: James11 ($42.20 in chips)
Seat 2: boostmybr ($86 in chips)
boostmybr: posts small blind $0.25
James11: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to boostmybr [9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
boostmybr: raises to $1.50
James11: raises to $4.50
boostmybr: calls $3
----- FLOP ----- [6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
James11: bets $7.50
boostmybr: raises to $15
James11: raises to $37.70 and is all-in
boostmybr: calls $22.70
----- TURN ----- [6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]][4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
----- RIVER ----- [6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]][8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
----- SHOW DOWN -----
James11: shows [8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] (A Pair of Eights, Jack high)
boostmybr: shows [9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (A Pair of Nines, Ace high)
boostmybr collected $83.40 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $84.40 Main pot $83.40 Rake $1
Board [6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Seat 1: James11 (big blind) showed [8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] and lost with A Pair of Eights, Jack high
Seat 2: boostmybr (small blind) showed [9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] and won ($83.40) with A Pair of Nines, Ace high
****HAND ENDS****
<font color="blue"> He leaves, then comes back: </font>
Game #5879812104: Hold'em NL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/10/13 - 04:02:37 (UK)
Table "Sabretooth" Seat 2 is the button.
Seat 1: James11 ($45.40 in chips)
Seat 2: boostmybr ($127.65 in chips)
boostmybr: posts small blind $0.25
James11: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to boostmybr [4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
boostmybr: raises to $1.50
James11: raises to $4.50
boostmybr: calls $3
----- FLOP ----- [A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
James11: bets $2.50
boostmybr: calls $2.50
----- TURN ----- [A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]][Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
James11: checks
boostmybr: bets $7
James11: calls $7
----- RIVER ----- [A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]][9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
James11: bets $7
boostmybr: raises to $113.65 and is all-in
James11: is all-in $24.40
Returned uncalled bets $82.25 to boostmybr
----- SHOW DOWN -----
boostmybr: shows [4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] (A Flush, Ace high)
James11: shows [Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (Three of a kind, Queens, Ace high)
boostmybr collected $89.80 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $90.80 Main pot $89.80 Rake $1
Board [A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Seat 1: James11 (big blind) showed [Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] and lost with Three of a kind, Queens, Ace high
Seat 2: boostmybr (small blind) showed [4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] and won ($89.80) with A Flush, Ace high
****HAND ENDS****
<font color="blue"> Leaves again.
1)Also, so many donks sit in, play for couple hands, lose or suck out huge, saying sh it and leave, and for so many times. How do you deal with these guys? Should I just report them, because they follow you around the tables and not letting play with others?
2)I usually dont play with shortstacks. Is it rude to ask them to rebuy to full stack?
Thanks. </font>
Old 10-12-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: How do you handle these:

I always ask short stacks to buy in full. If they ask why I just explain I like playing with full stacks and ask them if they would mind finding another opponent. If you're couteous they almost always leave you be.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:30 PM

Looks to me like you handled it fine!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:32 PM

By the way, OP, tag your post with "NLCASH" if you still can, or you thread will probably get locked.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:13 AM

sorry, forgot about that totally. Can't do it anymore(
Old 10-13-2007, 04:42 PM

I thought .25/.50 was a max $50 buy-in. Are you really upset that they bought in for $40?

They play short because they are very bad players, and they know it. I don't understand why people complain so much about these guys when they clearly can't read the two cards in their hand.

Don't make me start a math thread on equities between playing super-donkey short-stacks versus playing somewhat literate full-stacks.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:42 PM

Dave, ou got me wrong. I meant other guys, buying in like 10-20$. As this guy with 40$ you can see that I DID play him.
The reason I don't play 10-20$ guys , because doesn't matter how much i am better then them, the variance will eat away like 10$ rake before they'll give me their money, so I'll make a few bucks profit if they won't be on hot run. One more thing, they start pushing everything preflop. I umderstand that i have to adjust, but by fighting with all-ins preflop vs these donky shorties i am not maximizing my EV. Usually it will be 60-40, 70-30 at max. That's not worth it playing these guys preflop only. I hope my POV is clear enough.
Also, I would like to know, should I report these guys(in my first blue outlined point at original post, those, that are following me around and sitting out on purpose on all my tables)?
Old 10-13-2007, 06:09 PM

Okay, I forgot about the rake thing. I do see your point now.

I doubt that the sites will do anything. It is like the clock shouldn't be used by tourney players to stall, but everyone does it anyways, or playing an SNG, some players will time down to get to the later stages, or to try to tilt you. Sad really, that many players need an angle, short-stacking included, to try to win. I remember a post about stalling and the response from, I think Stars, was that it was not the intention of the clock (no duh?), but there is nothing that they are able to do about it.

The first concern is the rake. Short-stackers are paying rake, and the fact that shorties exist is not going to stop you or me from playing. Although we pay more rake than the average player, 95% of players are losing, so 485,000 players out of 500,000 players is more important to maintain than the professional base.

Sort of have to keep everyone happy. The sites aren't there for people to make a living off of. They are there to make money as an entertainment venture. If winners are allowed to have it their way, then maybe the donkeys will be able to request that we can't play at "donkey only" tables.