Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 11:41 AM

Default 3 part question

Hello everyone. I have never posted in this Omaha forum so forgive me for any mistakes. Unfortunately I cannot find a hand convertor for omaha (Ladbrokes) so this will have to do. I have three questions. The first is discussion of a hand.

How bad is this bluff? Does it ever get through? What rivers are we firing another bullet?? I feel you are conquering a particular level so to speak when you make GOOD bluffs based on ranges and the texture of certain boards. I feel fairly certain that it is harder to bluff well in omaha than it is in holdem. Texuck is a rock fwiw, efesp is unknown.

efesp sitting in seat 1 with $195.00
- milk-man sitting in seat 2 with $95.66
- stoty sitting in seat 3 with $27.00 [Sitting out]
- ramraid sitting in seat 4 with $78.86
- texuck sitting in seat 5 with $177.76 [Dealer]
- Maddie84 sitting in seat 6 with $280.16

Maddie84 posted the small blind - $1.00
efesp posted the big blind - $2.00

** Dealing card to Maddie84: 10 of Hearts, 6 of Spades, King of Spades, 8 of Hearts
milk-man folded
ramraid folded
texuck called - $2.00
Maddie84 called - $2.00
efesp checked

** Dealing the flop: Ace of Hearts, 9 of Hearts, 5 of Spades
Maddie84 checked
efesp bet - $6.00
texuck called - $6.00
Maddie84 called - $6.00

** Dealing the turn: Queen of Clubs
Maddie84 checked
efesp bet - $12.00
texuck called - $12.00
Maddie84 raised - $60.00

Secondly I would like some comments on a situation i have found myself in with a mate. We attempted to qualify for the Leocop (ladbrokes) Omaha event which would have cost $220 + rebuys. I didnt front up anything for the satellite but we cruised through and we're going to play. We also played omaha cash and turned $133 into $415 whilst we were playing the Sat.

Here's the thing, my friend is pretty bad at omaha (sorry Dave) and may have got through the Satellite but would not have made the cash (which will be used as rebuys) but he did front up the money. Although i didnt pay him, I would have had to buy-in to the event (halves with him) so I was prepared to but didnt need to...

I have agreed to play the event together with him if I pay him $30 (half the satellite costs) and in turn we will get together 2 rebuys ($200 from the $280 we won). If we need to rebuy again we have to go halves. We each get 50% of winnings (which will probably be nothing after all this [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

What do you guys think, fair deal?

Lastly, what is the best way to play an omaha 200 man rebuy mtt which comprises mostly of holdem players. Do we add-on at the beginning and should we play loose or tight. I feel I am a better omaha player than holdem player but do not fancy rebuying 50 times! How bad will the field be considering it will 100% eurpean and it is a decent sized buy in.

Cliff notes:

Am I terrible? hand included.
Complicated staking deal.
Tourney infomation question.

Many thanks and good luck to everyone
Old 10-10-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: 3 part question

i would just call in this spot - you are not folding any sets out, and you are nicely priced in with a nut draw

as far as your deal goes, you should'nt strike a deal you are not happy with, period. especially one that involes you splitting winnings with someone who sucks, he is simply taking your equity

as far as tournment strategy goes, although i havent played recently, laddies is certainly one of the tougher MTT fields you will find, even since the likes of jackson, Goodwin et all stopped playing there regularly. Regardless of game type, my general MTT rebuy strategy is to play tight during rebuys and loose afterwards. in an event like this tho i cant imagine too many players spewing rebuys as a good % will be there via sats. assuming the structure is slow just play a solid game and be prepared to pick spots to gamble
Old 10-10-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would just call in this spot - you are not folding any sets out, and you are nicely priced in with a nut draw

as far as your deal goes, you should'nt strike a deal you are not happy with, period. especially one that involes you splitting winnings with someone who sucks, he is simply taking your equity

as far as tournment strategy goes, although i havent played recently, laddies is certainly one of the tougher MTT fields you will find, even since the likes of jackson, Goodwin et all stopped playing there regularly. Regardless of game type, my general MTT rebuy strategy is to play tight during rebuys and loose afterwards. in an event like this tho i cant imagine too many players spewing rebuys as a good % will be there via sats. assuming the structure is slow just play a solid game and be prepared to pick spots to gamble

[/ QUOTE ]

Jackson is terrible at omaha, I used to batter him in the cash games on Ladbrokes regularily.
As it is always, kid gets lucky in a big tournament and all of a sudden that's meant to make him a 'solid' pro.
6 months of playing omaha against him told me otherwise.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:58 PM

hehe true - ive got about 1300 PLO hands against him, and he runs 63/17/1.5, but it was gross stuff like calling down with draws then hitting and checking that really suprised me.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:26 PM

Thanks for the input, I would like maybe one or two more responses before I post results (it gets a little wierd).
Old 10-10-2007, 01:42 PM

He writes that he has ten high flush draw not nut fd.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:46 PM

nut 'gutshot' lol and hearts which I believe in this case are more than likely live...
Old 10-11-2007, 09:07 AM

well we've got a squeeze going here which is quite nice. main question is whether ef folds, if tex calls you can bluff a lot of rivers imo.

ef's 1/2pot turn bet looks pretty weaksauce but you're not repping much except a turned set or top two. on a purely immediate odds front you need to take it down maybe a third to a quarter of the time (with your outs providing a 25%ish escape hatch). you probably have some implied odds if you hit, and maybe some implied odds on bluffing the river (but you're OOP so i wouldn't factor that in).

I guess it's ok, but it's pretty thin. since a lot of your equity is coming from your outs+implied odds, i doubt raising is any better than calling here, and it might be worse.

stop playing $200 plo, you're not good enough jimm.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:59 AM

Results

efesp called - $60.00
texuck called - $60.00

** Dealing the river: Ace of Spades
Maddie84 checked
efesp checked
texuck went all-in - $109.76
Maddie84 folded
efesp folded
texuck mucks:
texuck wins $311.76 from the main pot

An absolutely disgusting river imo. Having previously noted that Tex is a nit I found it pretty hard to believe he hadn't caught the river. He must have had either 99 or more likely AQ and didn't shove the turn as afraid of a set.

Oh well!