Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 10-04-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Re: tpgk faces a big bet on the river

Hmmmm nobody thinks a missed flush draw is a pretty big part of his range? After checking turn I feel like you have to call this river. I really cant see why everyone is saying fold. IM only worried about J9hh and KQ possibly or something where he did miss the C/R AI on turn

Also betting turn might be good, but its tough because he may c/r a flush draw on the turn and we are in a tough spot.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:27 PM

i think a good bit of his range here is a whiffed crai on the turn with 33, kq qt j9 .. and that riv bet screams value, i fold this to an unknown and dont really think to much about it, i think if you weight his hands that he bets on the river (ie not qt,at,t9 tj bc i dont think most ppl turn those hands into bluffs) it leaves you with a very small % of hands you beat, mainly axh or similar FD's, and his other holdings are far more likely imo
Old 10-04-2007, 04:09 PM

hmmm. I can see why you raised the flop, but I think I prefer to look like a float with AK/AJ there. I call the 50, controlling the pot size. You to to a turn with 185 vs 485. If he gets weird, get out, else you can bet when he checks or raise him here. If he sticks it in, fold and nh sir.

I think I fold the river, but I wouldn't like it. Looks too much like he hit his q and something else. the whiffed c/r turn would make a lot of sense.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think a good bit of his range here is a whiffed crai on the turn with 33, kq qt j9 .. and that riv bet screams value, i fold this to an unknown and dont really think to much about it, i think if you weight his hands that he bets on the river (ie not qt,at,t9 tj bc i dont think most ppl turn those hands into bluffs) it leaves you with a very small % of hands you beat, mainly axh or similar FD's, and his other holdings are far more likely imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think 33 and q-10 cold call oop on a board like that very often, same goes with any other big hands IMO, so to cold call hed either have to have a draw - j9, kj, or hearts - more hearts in his range and ur getting the right odds so id call, its very possible he has kq also though but i still think ur ahead enough to justify a call. Pretty borderline though as ur asusming that he def bets his busted hearts and his kj, both not certain, but i think likely enough to push this towards a call
Old 10-04-2007, 09:50 PM

i snapcalled and lost to 33
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]