Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 09:24 PM

Default WPT Borgata $10K: Top Top on the Flop

2nd level, I've played like 5 hands total, so my image is that of someone who satellited in and is waiting for aces. Villain has played not too many hands, but has shown serious game by raising between 7-11xBB preflop sometimes (as has some other guy at our table, who is already up to 100K).

Blinds 50/100, both have around 30K, which is what we started with. Folded around to me on the button, I look down at a hand on the bottom of my button raising range, AQo. I raise to 250, SB folds, Villain makes it 1000 in the BB. I make an aggressive call. Pot size is now 2050.

Flop: Q T T rainbow. Villain bets. Your action? Oh yeah, in case it matters, Villain's bet size is 6000.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:40 PM
 is offline

Default Re: WPT Borgata $10K: Top Top on the Flop

lol... wtf is this hand?

Also... AQo is the "bottom" of your button raising range? Or was that a joke?

Anyway, I had a similar type of hand in the WSOP ME against an unknown where I raised JJ in MP, he reraised right behind me, and then shoved like 60BBs in a 7 high flop.

I fold here because even a moron doesn't do this with worse than top-top, right?
Old 09-16-2007, 10:25 PM

i call
Old 09-16-2007, 10:45 PM

Call.

Also, lol liveaments. I mean honestly now.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2nd level, I've played like 5 hands total, so my image is that of someone who satellited in and is waiting for aces. Villain has played not too many hands, but has shown serious game by raising between 7-11xBB preflop sometimes (as has some other guy at our table, who is already up to 100K).

Blinds 50/100, both have around 30K, which is what we started with. Folded around to me on the button, I look down at a hand on the bottom of my button raising range, AQo. I raise to 250, SB folds, Villain makes it 1000 in the BB. I make an aggressive call. Pot size is now 2050.

Flop: Q T T rainbow. Villain bets. Your action? Oh yeah, in case it matters, Villain's bet size is 6000.

[/ QUOTE ]

R U for real? AQo on the button is the bottom of your range?

FYI, IMO, raising between 7-11BB preflop is terrible unless there are limpers. Usuaully maniac Europeans do this.

I call this flop. Check/call turn and call river, or value bet if he checks to you.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:26 AM

No, AQo is not the bottom of my button raising range, and no, I don't think open raising between 7-11x BB is a strong play.

Anyway, I folded here, since I didn't want to call/fold, and I wasn't willing to go broke. I thought I was looking at KK or AA, but who the hell can read a guy like this anyway? Two levels later, 100/200, same Villain opens UTG for 2500 (causing Kido Pham on my left to jump up and say, "What? What?"), small stack pushes for 10K, Villain instacalls and turns over JJ. Betting 2500 to win 300 is the stone cold nuts.

Bond and ZJ, who would call here, what's your plan if he fires a 2nd barrel? What if he checks the turn? Phat, you're really willing to go broke here?

I probably should have posted this in Small Stakes, since those players must see more 3x pot c-bets than we do. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, AQo is not the bottom of my button raising range, and no, I don't think open raising between 7-11x BB is a strong play.

Anyway, I folded here, since I didn't want to call/fold, and I wasn't willing to go broke. I thought I was looking at KK or AA, but who the hell can read a guy like this anyway? Two levels later, 100/200, same Villain opens UTG for 2500 (causing Kido Pham on my left to jump up and say, "What? What?"), small stack pushes for 10K, Villain instacalls and turns over JJ. Betting 2500 to win 300 is the stone cold nuts.

Bond and ZJ, who would call here, what's your plan if he fires a 2nd barrel? What if he checks the turn? Phat, you're really willing to go broke here?

I probably should have posted this in Small Stakes, since those players must see more 3x pot c-bets than we do. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

KK and AA will be less likely on the turn. Your flat call should scare him a little and a decent thinking player will slow down with AA or KK here. You are in position on him.

Is he going to 3-barrel all-in on this board? Its not unreasonable for you to have a hand like AT or KT in this situation. I guess you have to decide if it is possible if he will play AA or KK and bet all the way, or if he might have AT and have been 3-betting you light.

But if he checks the turn, I check it to and call a bet on the river. From your description he sounds like an overaggressive donkey. I am calling the flop and I will probably make a decision on the turn if he bets into me.