Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 08-17-2007, 04:49 PM

Default QQ on a 3 low card flop.

hi guys,

this is my first hand posting, so i am not sure if i have used the right format. Apologies in advance if it is incorrect.

I havent got clear reads only that many of the players at this table are very loose and aggressive....cold calling raises and playing trash from early...i havent been in too many hands on this table in the previous 15-20 minutes...just waiting for the right hands in the right position.

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $72.25
UTG+1: $1744.16
MP1: $174.25
MP2: $72.25
MP3: $123.25
hero: $36.75
Button: $71.75
SB: $44.00
BB: $11.00

Pre-flop: (9 players) hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero caps</font>, SB calls.

I thought the bet was a bluff or he had Ace high, with either a rag pair or a straight draw, or two over cards/or an overpair, possibly a set.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, hero calls.

I think i should have folded the turn, as i only have two outs and i guess there is the possibility that he had A3!

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, hero calls.

My only defence here is that i have seen people on this table call down with two overcards in this position...

Results:
Final pot: 12.5BB
<font color="#ffffff">SB shows 4d 4c</font>

I've just stepped up to the $1/$2 games after playing in the lower limits, and i am just testing the waters at this level as the games i have seen havent seemed to difficult until the last couple of days and i have noticed i am playing big pocket pairs down to the river too often (something i never did much at the lowest limits) and have lost a couple of big pots in the process.

Should i have folded on the flop (after being re-re-raised)or turn here?

thanks.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: QQ on a 3 low card flop.

i play flop the same - sb can cold cal with overpair lower then your so i like cap

at turn i probably just call cus he dont afraid my cap so i have plan to see showdown as cheap as possible.

edit: turn fold is very big mistake i think
Old 08-17-2007, 04:58 PM

Hmmm, where to start.

[ QUOTE ]
i am not sure if i have used the right format. Apologies in advance if it is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks fine... most people turn off the "show stacks" option, though.

[ QUOTE ]
very loose and aggressive....cold calling raises and playing trash from early...

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither of these are very good examples of aggression. Loose play, yes. Also, unclear if this read applies to SB or not.

On the hand, I don't think capping is a bad idea once 3-bet. Other than that I think you played the hand fine.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No -- your odds are too good with QQ that villain is going nutso with a marginal hand to fold here, IMO.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No -- your odds are too good with QQ that villain is going nutso with a marginal hand to fold here, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to make this decision dependent on my reads. We raised PF, capped the flopped and the guy continues betting. Unless I've seen villain do this before I call the 3bet and fold the turn. This just feels like running into a set.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:05 PM

I play it the same, especially because a lot of people make the mistake of leading out on the turn rather than check/raising since they chances of you checking behind on the turn are pretty slim.

I don't think calling down here is too bad either. Villain may put you on 'obvious' big cards and be trying to push you out. Also, SB may be blind to your hand if he has an overpair that he wants to jam.