Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 07-20-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Using WITHG at lower limits

I've finally got my copy of WITHG and have started reading it. I play mostly 1/2-2/4 SH FL...I try to frequent the games full of the 60% VPIP players, of course, and often do. Other times I find myself at the tougher Crypto tables clearing a bonus.

I'm assuming I will be able to apply much of what I'm reading at the Crypto tables full of 30/20 players. However, what about the tables full of 60/5 & 60/20 players...will I find WITHG much use at these tables? Are the starting hand guideleines at least still of some use, if I adjust a bit depending on the opposition in the blinds, etc?
Old 07-20-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Using WITHG at lower limits

Just switch over to stars so most of the concepts will be applicable no matter what limit are you are playing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But serious, you don't want to try some tricky semibluff checkraise play on the turn against some guy who isn't going to ever fold a pair.

As to starting guidelines the book says over and over that you should do X if your opponents have XYZ stats but should do Y if they have ABC stats but do Z if they have CDE stats so really it's pretty fair im my opinion that it pretty much applies universally. You may want to consder what affect high rake at small stakes games has upon preflop decisions however.