Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: So [censored] sick, 4 left in Stars 109

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I missed that we're ahead of two pairs, LDO. Kinda strengthens the argument.

What are people doing if villian pushes river after the check? Seems pretty plausable villian would do this after hero shows turn weakness. And it's not really an overbet, its around the size of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's probably read dependent, but I don't really think I fold all that often, especially against good players.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The turn check is not bad at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is. I think it means that OP is scared of losing with AA in a HU to the flop, pot (and only 5 handed) because he's scared of trips or something. Hands that beat us: AK or KK, or some wierd set/two pair. Hands we're still ahead of that call PF: QQ/JJ/TT, maybe even 99, AQ, or maybe AJ. If villian has those, great, we can say we lost with AA HU. But winning this pot is huge, and I don't play scared of monsters. Also, the turn check basically says I missed my draw, my AQ, or whatever. It makes no sense to me.

I also hate putting in 1/3 of my stack, and then folding at any point. So obviously the river call is better than a fold, but I'm putting in my money on this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

just wow

turn check is not b/c he thinks he is beat it's bc obv he thinks he can get value on the river but not the turn from worse hands

turn check shows he missed his draw? no [censored] thats what you want your opponent to think so he pays off with worse on the river
Old 06-30-2007, 06:50 PM

i call here....seems like standard play would be to c/r with Kx here, giving him a range of some mid pp