Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 05-29-2007, 02:20 AM

Default Re: My Table

Get some more padding, that green stuff from like Joann Fabric or whatever to protect the kitchen table and it will also stop it from sliding.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Get some more padding, that green stuff from like Joann Fabric or whatever to protect the kitchen table and it will also stop it from sliding.

[/ QUOTE ]
Carpet padding works well too (and is much cheaper)

Nice job OP
Old 06-05-2007, 03:10 PM

also consider the "webbed" anti slip stuff people use to line their shelves with... my parents use it to secure rugs in front of the fridge / kitchen sink / etc. It should come in pretty big rolls - perhaps not wide enough to cover the entire table but if your creative it may work.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:29 AM

OK, well it took a while but we finally got a real game going on this table.

We put it on the kitchen table with a cover in between. This worked great- it didn't move and the table wasn't scratched. This being said, we'll be moving soon and when we do I intent to find a permanent place to have this up all the time (and I'll put legs on it when we do). It's just to friggen heavy to keep pulling out every time we want to use it.

The cloth did really well. My 8 year old nephew (who sat at the table for about 30 minutes when I first put it up) managed to get crumbs all over it from a cookie, but this seemed to come up relatively easily.

We played the nosebleed stakes of .10/.20 limit HE and everyone had a blast. Tons of new players who'd never played before and they all said it was more fun than thaey thought it would be. It was really nice to be able to sit 9 players around the table comfortably and made for a really fun, casual game.

I am hopeful that I'll be able to find a group of players after I move that will be willing to play some higher stakes, but even playing No Fold Em Hold Em with a group of friends was great fun. The funniest thing was, the two players who had never played before (I gave each a 5 minute crash course before we began) actually played pretty well and came away ahead.

Anyway, my new chips are coming in tomorrow, so I'll be posting pics of those soon. Suffice to say, this will probably be the highest quality .10/.20 game around! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2007, 04:25 AM

nice first table. next time buy a nicer piece of plwood for on top. it looks like u got a regular piece.

And yes it will be the nicest 20 cent game ever
Old 06-16-2007, 05:57 AM

The top was a higher quality piece than the bottom was. I don't remember the makeup, but it definitely is nicer looking.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, well it took a while but we finally got a real game going on this table.

We put it on the kitchen table with a cover in between. This worked great- it didn't move and the table wasn't scratched. This being said, we'll be moving soon and when we do I intent to find a permanent place to have this up all the time (and I'll put legs on it when we do). It's just to friggen heavy to keep pulling out every time we want to use it.

The cloth did really well. My 8 year old nephew (who sat at the table for about 30 minutes when I first put it up) managed to get crumbs all over it from a cookie, but this seemed to come up relatively easily.

We played the nosebleed stakes of .10/.20 limit HE and everyone had a blast. Tons of new players who'd never played before and they all said it was more fun than thaey thought it would be. It was really nice to be able to sit 9 players around the table comfortably and made for a really fun, casual game.

I am hopeful that I'll be able to find a group of players after I move that will be willing to play some higher stakes, but even playing No Fold Em Hold Em with a group of friends was great fun. The funniest thing was, the two players who had never played before (I gave each a 5 minute crash course before we began) actually played pretty well and came away ahead.

Anyway, my new chips are coming in tomorrow, so I'll be posting pics of those soon. Suffice to say, this will probably be the highest quality .10/.20 game around! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear I'm not the only freak playing with nickel chips that cost a dollar apiece and a custom table to play .30/.60 limit and .10/.20 NL/PL. (I bought my chips with online poker money so it doesn't really feel like I've spent over $600 on the damn things)

Kudos on the table, one of these days I'll post pics of mine. BTW, Lowe's, Menards, probably Home Depot have the folding leg sets and they're about 20 bucks I think when you decide to get legs. Now you need to get a 3" holesaw and make some cup holders. My wife got 9 of em on Ebay for 20 bucks or something.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bought my chips with online poker money so it doesn't really feel like I've spent over $600 on the damn things

[/ QUOTE ]Heh, same here. I wouldn't have paid that much with my OWN mony, obv (funny how in my brain it makes a difference where the money came from).

At any rate, they finally came in; I need to post pics soon . . .
Old 06-22-2007, 01:42 PM

money