Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Two hands from $10K Guaranteed $25 Rebuy tourney on Empire

Blinds are 200/400 and I am in the BB with K6os. LP and SB both limp in and I check. I have about 14000 and LP has 6000. Flop is KT9 with two spades and I don't have a spade. SB checks and I check. LP bets the pot of 1200 and I feel he is on a draw and I push after the SB folds. Donkey play? He turns over T9 for two pair and I don't catch anything and ship 8000 chips to him. I felt there was a good chance he would fold and if he didn't that I would be a favorite. Obviously my read was way off and it cost me a ton of chips. Does anyone push in this situation? The play had been pretty tight so I felt I had some fold equity.

Next hand it is folded to the button and he bets 1200 and I push with KQ offsuit because I thought he was stealing. He had AQ and I go busto in two hands. Horrible push in the second hand?
Old 02-22-2006, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Two hands from $10K Guaranteed $25 Rebuy tourney on Empire

The first hand is tricky and pretty read-based. But don't say things like "I feel he is on a draw". That's gibberish. Put him on a range of hands that includes some draws, some hands like top/middle/two pair and some bluffs. For what it's worth, in my experience, these pot sized bets are bluffs very often.

Never consider doing anything else on the second hand.

Steve