Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 03-14-2007, 02:05 PM

Default UB $30rb. 2nd hour deep stacked AA hand involvcing pearljammed

2nd hour. blinds 50-100. all 3 of us have very similar 11,000ish stacks, but PJ has us covered by a little. table has been fairly straight forward.

Pearljammed limps UTG for 100. i have AA in mp and raise to 550. button calls and UTG calls. flop is (Q,7,2) rainbow. UTG checks, i bet 1300, the button min-raises to 2600 and UTG immeadiatly jams all-in. action to me?

is this is a fairly easy fold? which one of them has the set? or do they not? what does a mini-raise mean here? what does a overbet jam mean? tks.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: UB $30rb. 2nd hour deep stacked AA hand involvcing pearljammed

Looks like a fold. I can't put PJ on anything other than 777 or 222 on this board. I mean there isn't any draw at all possible and he's not going broke for 100bb w KQ here.

MR from button could be anything. I've seen JJ do it in this tournament, I guess to "see where he's at".
Old 03-14-2007, 02:30 PM

Yeah PearlJammed is tight and I really doubt he'd do this w/o a set
Old 03-14-2007, 02:36 PM

Yup fold!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like a fold. I can't put PJ on anything other than 777 or 222 on this board. I mean there isn't any draw at all possible and he's not going broke for 100bb w KQ here.

MR from button could be anything. I've seen JJ do it in this tournament, I guess to "see where he's at".

[/ QUOTE ]

very good ranges. I was playing bad, tired, stressed last night and of course looked PJ up. Unfortunatly Button did not reraise preflop with his KK. PJ did have 777 and tripled up.

PJ's push really did confuse me. If he calls or mini-raises the button im done with my hand. He made a donkey out of me last night. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very good ranges. I was playing bad, tired, stressed last night and of course looked PJ up. Unfortunatly Button did not reraise preflop with his KK. PJ did have 777 and tripled up.

PJ's push really did confuse me. If he calls or mini-raises the button im done with my hand. He made a donkey out of me last night. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he has no real reason to push with 777 that I can see, but I guess it worked out ok for him though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This would be a really sick spot if you pwnd his limp with 22 and had this action.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he has no real reason to push with 777 that I can see, but I guess it worked out ok for him though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This would be a really sick spot if you pwnd his limp with 22 and had this action.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be sick but of course i call because i put him on aces or kings, lol.

also, how much do you raise the UTG limper here with AA?
Old 03-14-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

that would be sick but of course i call because i put him on aces or kings, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would call because I can't fold a set, but I'd basically know I was beat. 77 is going to be way more common than AA and I think he never has KK (I think he would reraise pre w KK given the cold caller).

[ QUOTE ]

also, how much do you raise the UTG limper here with AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually I just do 3x + 1bb per limper, but I think 500 is fine.