Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Somewhat Deepstacked QQ Hand

CO (King Rube) is 36/15/5 over about 100 hands. I am running 18/14/6 for this same session. We do not have much of a history. CO had $385 to start the hand and I had him covered. The button had $437 and I also had him covered.

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1./$2.
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $12</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($37, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $32</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $64</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $261</font>, CO calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($559, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO is all-in $144.25</font>, Hero calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($847.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $847.5)
Old 02-15-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Re: Somewhat Deepstacked QQ Hand

whoa wtf.

I'd need a sick read to felt 200bb with one slight overpair
Old 02-15-2007, 09:20 AM

Agreed.

On the flop, you're behind a quite a few of hands, and a slight dog to a lot more drawing ones, so it stands that you have to ask, would he 3 bet you on the flop with just 1 pair? I'd call the min raise and reeval the turn. I'm probably folding though.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed.

On the flop, you're behind a quite a few of hands, and a slight dog to a lot more drawing ones, so it stands that you have to ask, would he 3 bet you on the flop with just 1 pair? I'd call the min raise and reeval the turn. I'm probably folding though.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't 3 bet the flop - he simply min raised - which is often indicative of a draw. The thing that confused me here is that he just called my raise. I would think that if he had a made hand he would shove to my flop raise, and if he didn't have a hand he would just fold.

Lucky
Old 02-15-2007, 09:31 AM

if im dead set on gettin in 200BBs with a weakish overpair i would much rather stack a donk on a turn blank. even open push a turn blank. i really dislike the flop 3bet. its ugly and makes for an awkward turn.

you think he really has a naked flush draw or JJ more often than 67, 89, sets, AA, KK?

looks a lot like a big draw - Th9h/Th8H, 45hh, AKhh and heros not even a favorite vs those on the flop
Old 02-15-2007, 09:33 AM

He is not on a draw and doubtful a ten. What hands do you put him on that shows that kind of strength? 95% 66 or 77 here. Hate his miniraise though. As played, call turn ofc. It really smells big hand, so I'd call and re-evaluate.

Why make such a big overbet if you aren't going to push it in on the flop?
Old 02-15-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What hands do you put him on that shows that kind of strength?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a somewhat nutty image at this point in the session, which might factor into the hand.

I put him on a flush or str8 draw. He raising range pf is faily broad so I would expect that he would raise TT, KK, or AA pf. I would also expect him to higher pairs and broadway cards. Thus I am ruling out the possibility of set of tens, an overpair, or two overs and a flush draw. I am also discounting a pair of sevens and sixes as I think he is somewhat likely to raise these hands from the CO. This leaves some draws left - some of which are pretty good, the 89 str8, or 2 pair.

[ QUOTE ]
Why make such a big overbet if you aren't going to push it in on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just clicked the bet pot button for the flop raise? Although I didn't think this guy is a fish, I would prefer to raise the flop by a substantial amount rather than pushing when I think Villian has a draw. Why? Because sometimes bad players with [censored] up and just call (for a substantial portion of their stack) with a draw. This creates a huge problem for them on the turn when they miss. After the flop raise, I'm clearly committed to seeing the hand to the end.

Maybe I'm an idiot though - which is why I posted the hand.

Lucky
Old 02-15-2007, 10:08 AM

pot is huge after ur 3bet..just push any turn and hope ur good
Old 02-15-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't 3 bet the flop - he simply min raised - which is often indicative of a draw. The thing that confused me here is that he just called my raise. I would think that if he had a made hand he would shove to my flop raise, and if he didn't have a hand he would just fold.

Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is your thinking its not really a good reason to 3bet and commit yourself
Old 02-15-2007, 11:11 AM

Call flop mini raise, reevalute turn.