Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Making an Ebook and using CJ for sales

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with using Clickbank instead of CJ. I would also use Paydotcom. What is your plan to get affiliates to promote your product? There are hundreds of new products introduced to CB on a weekly basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I hadnt really thought of that....I have 0 experience usin affiliate sites like this.
The big "?" for me right now is how many people are going to market it....I have no idea how to go about figuring this out.
I plan to make a very attractive 1 page site for the referrals to be directed to (standard center column Ebook site), I've thought about putting out some articles and doing B&M marketing in my area.

The Ebook is basically a how to guide with several affiliate links in the content.

Im going to sell the book reletively cheap (or maybe even give it away free in some fashion), and hopefully collect residuals off the copies that are out there from those affiliate links. This way its not going to be heartbreaking when I see my Ebook on some file sharing program 6 months down the line.

Obviously I can't use affiliates if I give it away, but if I go the cheap route I wouldnt be able to offer the affiliate more than 20-25% of like the 19.99 Id charge for it.

Thoughts?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:47 PM

The standard for ebooks seems to be 50%-75%. Before ever putting your ebook up on a affiliate site or doing a joint venture you need to check conversion rates on your own.

Start ppc campaigns and modify your sales letter etc until you get sales coming in. Once you see that your product is converting try to find people that may have lists involving a similar niche. Try to arrange joint ventures. ... Then put your book on CB.

Most affiliates will use ppc to drive traffic, some will use blogs, some will write articles, some will email their list.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:08 AM

I agree with Josh about trying to find some joint ventures with marketers that have a decent list in your niche. Also I do not suggest you sell the ebook for cheap. Reason is affiliates will not waste their time to promote a product in which they will only receive $10 in profit. After PPC and other marketing costs it just isn't worth it. Spend more time on the ebook and make it a very good quality ebook and price it higher.

If you want to go the free route this is what I suggest. Write up the ebook and give it for free using an optin. This way you are building a list and can promote your other ebooks to them in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions. I have several other suggestions. I'm pretty sure I can help with a lot of your questions or at least point you in the right direction.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Josh about trying to find some joint ventures with marketers that have a decent list in your niche. Also I do not suggest you sell the ebook for cheap. Reason is affiliates will not waste their time to promote a product in which they will only receive $10 in profit. After PPC and other marketing costs it just isn't worth it. Spend more time on the ebook and make it a very good quality ebook and price it higher.

If you want to go the free route this is what I suggest. Write up the ebook and give it for free using an optin. This way you are building a list and can promote your other ebooks to them in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions. I have several other suggestions. I'm pretty sure I can help with a lot of your questions or at least point you in the right direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Nato...after I get all my stuff loaded onto this new PC I'll Im you again.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The standard for ebooks seems to be 50%-75%. Before ever putting your ebook up on a affiliate site or doing a joint venture you need to check conversion rates on your own.

Start ppc campaigns and modify your sales letter etc until you get sales coming in. Once you see that your product is converting try to find people that may have lists involving a similar niche. Try to arrange joint ventures. ... Then put your book on CB.

Most affiliates will use ppc to drive traffic, some will use blogs, some will write articles, some will email their list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive thought about this pretty much since I lastposted earlier. I think you are right. I can definately put more time and effort into the book. I basically rationalized that when I was browsing CJ and CB my main focus was on finding the highest paying product to sell. If I can put something together with a lot more content I can ustify a much higher price. Ive already thought of a few "extra" things to throw into a "package" deal with the Ebook. Once I compile it all together, Ill give a few of you a copy for some feedback.

Sorry for the cloak and dagger responses, but when i reaserched the niche I found absolutely no Ebook competition within the first few pages of google...so Im hesistant to talk about the full idea until I have something to sell.

Since my book will kinda be industry-specific Im thinking about sending out like a 30 day license preview disc to some bigger names in this industry...just to get a few testimonial quotes on the website.

Im pretty confident in the content of the book....now im going to quit wasting time and get it done.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:22 AM

livin:

Just be aware...

COMPETITION IS GOOD NOT BAD

do you see why?

Cheers,

Josh
Old 02-09-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call it! I believe its the first time for MMB!! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]