Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 08:26 PM

Default Need a website developer Xpost

Sorry about the X post, but needed an answer right away...

Ok I have an idea for a website that I think will do quite well with Adsense and Bulk Impression Ads. I dont want to divulge too much info as of yet but basicaly I want to create a free online appraisal service of sorts for a specifc genre of media. Almost like a very confined search wizard. I want to have 4-5 drop boxes or text fields that the customer can input data and then be able to find out what this particular type of media is worth based on condition, age...etc.

I have about 20,000 individual media titles with pics and info that I want to be able to search from....kinda like the 2+2 search function....only one thats easy to use and clicks to a new page of criteria to further narrow search.

I will divulge all info I can to PMs but would rather not make this public, at least until the site is made.

I dont know nearly enough to make this site myself, or to really even know how to start inputting data, so I need some help building this site. Ive never hired a web designer, but Im completely open to PM's and any responses here as long as you have references and a portfolio of some kind. This wont be a high paying job, but the site isnt going to be graphically intensive either...no flash, etc...shouldnt take an experienced designer more than a few hours so I dont expect to pay out the nose.

Also if someone experienced can give me an idea as to what kind of expense I can expect this to be (So im not ripped off) Id appreciate it.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Need a website developer Xpost

It's prolly slightly out of my league web-devel-wise but that's not saying much. I hate HTML but it sounds like a fairly simple web+databse integration for anyone that's done it. Inputting the data would be the worst part if you don't already have it in some standard form like an existing database, spreadsheet, comma/tab/space delimited file, etc.

Your cheapest (initial) way to launch would be to hire someone to do it for a share of the profit. If it was within my means to do the code, that's the deal I'd want...provided I liked the idea and thought it had great adsense potential as you allude. Furthermore, if I felt it had that residual potential and I was *you*, I would be looking to pay a coder up front and be done with him/her cause if it *does* work out well, that'd be far cheaper long term.

I prolly just pissed someone off that feels the same way and is able to do the work lol. Oh well. GL!
Old 10-18-2006, 05:46 PM

I would probably charge by the hour for something like this. Your details are somewhat vague as to the amount of work that has to be put into it. I would probably do more freelance web dev if I did not have poker.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:09 PM

www.supportresort.com
Old 10-18-2006, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
www.supportresort.com

[/ QUOTE ]

It is amazing how cheap those people will work for. For comparsion, my company aims to bill at $120 per hour.