Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Showdown procedure: call means I get to see, right?

In a recent hand on prima, I was first to act on the river. I checked, my opponent pushed all in. He had me covered. I called. The site flipped over my cards, whereupon his were mucked.

That seems very odd to me--I mean, I called him--he should always show first, right?

I wrote to my skin, and here are the rules they quoted for me:

[ QUOTE ]

Showdown Rules

General
The following general Showdown rules apply:

The last Player to bet during a hand has to show their cards at the end of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. Seems simple enough. But apparently one of the following exceptions applies somehow:

[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All-In During Showdown
The following additional rules apply when one or more Players are All-In:

When there are Players that are all-in during a Showdown, side pots exist. The showdown order starts with the last side pot then the previous, until it gets to the main pot. The Showdown order of play for each pot is clockwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, just the two of us, so no sidepots. This can't be it.

[ QUOTE ]

If there are no more bets or raises until the end of the hand, for example when either there is only one Player left who is not all-in so the hand plays to the end, or all other Players check until the end of the hand, the Player who went all-in must show their cards and do not get the option to muck.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't entirely understand this, but if anything, the last line seems to say once again that he must show.

[ QUOTE ]

If there are more bets or raises by other Players after a Player went all-in and the Player who went all-in does not have a winning hand, the Player who went all-in has the option to muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, no more bets or raises here. Just my call.

So I'm still puzzled why I can call and not see his hand.

Here are the complete Prima rules if anyone's interested.

Can anyone explain to me why I can call and not get to see? Does any other site do this? It sure seems strange.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Showdown procedure: call means I get to see, right?

[ QUOTE ]

If there are no more bets or raises until the end of the hand, for example when either there is only one Player left who is not all-in so the hand plays to the end, or all other Players check until the end of the hand, the Player who went all-in must show their cards and do not get the option to muck.

I don't entirely understand this, but if anything, the last line seems to say once again that he must show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since he had you covered "you were all-in" and he wasn't, so I guess this rule applied.

On most sites the hand history shows your opponents hand even if he mucked at showdown.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Showdown procedure: call means I get to see, right?

[ QUOTE ]

On most sites the hand history shows your opponents hand even if he mucked at showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]