Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: When will a book cut you off?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Never heard of Pinnacle putting a limit on someone.

They'll trail sharp players by shading their lines. They had a big position on Miami last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

At my peak, I had different (lower) limits on my MMA wagering than others.

Of course I could still bet as much as I wanted through them, it just gave them more opportunity to flag my bets / move lines / adjust to me.

There's at least one active poster in this forum that can confirm my (previous) limit differences, having seen them with their own eyes.

I have no idea if they did this in other spots, or just because it was a niche sport / I had such a large following and ability to move the lines in the heyday / whatever.

-P

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You were so good, that even Pinnacle was afraid of your action. (I'm serious, not being sarcastic there.)
Old 11-15-2007, 08:07 PM

It sounds like Pinnacle wasn't afraid of him as much as they were willing to pay for information from him (i.e. which way he was betting). They paid for the info, by allowing him to bet albeit at reduced limited. Of course, since it was Pinnacle, the OP could always repop a line if/when he wanted to do so.

If they were really afraid of him, his limits would have been cut to zero.

This was more of a respect thing. Not only was OP's limits cut, I'd suspect that his action (even with reduced limits) could/would trigger larger line moves than someone else would cold be 2-3 times as much.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like Pinnacle wasn't afraid of him as much as they were willing to pay for information from him (i.e. which way he was betting). They paid for the info, by allowing him to bet albeit at reduced limited. Of course, since it was Pinnacle, the OP could always repop a line if/when he wanted to do so.

If they were really afraid of him, his limits would have been cut to zero.

This was more of a respect thing. Not only was OP's limits cut, I'd suspect that his action (even with reduced limits) could/would trigger larger line moves than someone else would cold be 2-3 times as much.

[/ QUOTE ]

? OP never mentioned anything about Pinnacle. Performify was recounting an old story.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:55 PM

I was referning to Performify incorrectly as OP.