Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

View Poll Results: We can go to the movies on Saturday
Yes 7 8.33%
No 5 5.95%
I am not tennenbaum and I want to see the results 72 85.71%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Which Presidential Candidates do you like?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Howard, he will not be elected dictator of America, but he would be Commander in Chief of the armed forces. That means he can pull out as many troops as he pleases and request as little money as he likes for his military operations. When Ron Paul discusses whether he would endorse another Republican, the sticking point isn't abolishing the IRS or moving towards the gold standard, it's changing to a non-interventionist foreign policy.

As Reagan said, "From Stettin on the Baltic to Varna on the Black Sea, the regimes planted by totalitarianism have had more than thirty years to establish their legitimacy. But none -- not one regime -- has yet been able to risk free elections. Regimes planted by bayonets do not take root... If history teaches anything, it teaches self-delusion in the face of unpleasant facts is folly... Our military strength is a prerequisite to peace, but let it be clear we maintain this strength in the hope it will never be used, for the ultimate determinant in the struggle that's now going on in the world will not be bombs and rockets but a test of wills and ideas, a trial of spiritual resolve, the values we hold, the beliefs we cherish, the ideals to which we are dedicated."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that 'As Reagan read from a script written by someone else' might be more accurate. I also am not quite sure that when somebody says 'non-interventionist' (which I don't mind all that much as it will at least make the Europeans pick up some of the slack) they don't really mean 'isolationist' which is something I could never support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Howard, Ron Paul supports the complete opposite of an isolationist; free trade.

I put down McCaine and Dodd, along with Ron Paul. Sort of weird choices, but I find McCaine to a man of integrity. I appreciated, when all the republican candidates were spending their time bashing Hillary, he said "Hillary is a colleauge that I respect" and didn't bash her. (Paraphrase) I don't know, not a big deal, but after Ron Paul it's tough to actually support anyone else. Also, Dodd...Not sure why but I thought he did very well in the debate on the 30th, liked him for some reason.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nicky Barnes and Frank Lucas currently featured in the movie 'American Gangster' both endorse Rudy Giuliani for President. I've said before that I support him because he's the most honest, 'real person' candidate which makes him attractive to me. Every politician has got some politician in him but Rudy seems to have less. I hope he wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you follow politics at all or do you just skim mainstream headlines? Rudy is horrible and is certainly as politican as anyone in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why he's tried backtracking on his pro-choice, anti-gun and pro gay rights positions. Unlike Mitt Romney who has stood by his principles. Plus, Rudy has a record of accomplishment.

However, I do love a good fantasy. It's one of my favorite genres and watching many of you ppl root on Ron Paul is entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

He does have a bit of a point, I'd have to put Romney slightly ahead of Ghouliani on the phony-politician rating.

However, do you realize that you rooting for Rudy has about the same effect on his chance to win as me rooting for the Patriots this weekend? When it comes to rooting for a politician, I'd rather root for a good and honest man than just for the one who appears to have the best shot of winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron Paul may be a Saint for all I know but he'd not be elected dictator. He'd still have to work with that pit of vipers in Washington virtually all of whom don't give a rat's ass about anything but themselves. What do you expect he'd be able to do? Pluck his magic twanger and you'd have the society you think the people want? Guess what: The people don't want what you think they want. At least a person like Giuliani knows reality from fantasy, has experience and is not afraid to say what he thinks.

btw: I used 'support' in referring to Giuliani and 'root' when it came to Paul. Upon reflection I consider that denigrating so I apologize for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul would do the most important thing a president could do. Veto, veto, veto, pardon, veto, veto, veto.

[/ QUOTE ]

The crap's about to hit the fan and I don't think 'veto' is going to be the way to go. We are going to need ideas and action pretty darn soon and not a mule sitting on his butt.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the more reason to vote for Ron Paul.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:18 AM

Ron Paul - He's catching on, I'm telling ya!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The crap's about to hit the fan and I don't think 'veto' is going to be the way to go. We are going to need ideas and action pretty darn soon and not a mule sitting on his butt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-04-2007, 02:34 AM

Uhh, neither. We currently have a mule in the office, refusing to change his policy.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhh, neither. We currently have a mule in the office, refusing to change his policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mules don't have policies.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:40 AM

I thought a "mule" was another term for a stubborn person.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:41 AM

I thought a mule was a democrat.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, Dodd...Not sure why but I thought he did very well in the debate on the 30th, liked him for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also like the was Dodd speaks and carries himself. Seems like he'd be a great choice for VP for the dem ticket
Old 11-04-2007, 04:48 AM

Agreed. It looks like him and Edwards are very buddy buddy. I wouldn't be surprised if Edwards were to pick him as his running mate if he gets the nod.